Help me decide..

Started by Dave, September 07, 2006, 06:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Why not use a 1932 plate and save yourself not only the extra $75.00 per year for the personized plate BUT all that extra registration $$ each year as well??  Oh yeah, both Grundy and Hagerty give a insured over $100.00 per year discount when a YOM or historical plate is used.

I know of the money savings but I also know of the politics of getting stopped because the yom plate is just like a historic plate. One cop one bad day=ticket. Im still tossing it around though. I really dont have to get the plate today I can do it later. The way I read it on the web site is its 30 bucks a year then a 15.00 renewal? Its inda cornfusing the way they splain it.
of course thats on top of the 29.00 it costs me now for my regular plate

Dave

bucketmouth

9TN32
BLT2GO
30T2
1XX32
Just some of the ones I've been thinking about for my car.
or JUNKT
32NV
DAVE 1 :lol:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

phat rat

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Why not use a 1932 plate and save yourself not only the extra $75.00 per year for the personized plate BUT all that extra registration $$ each year as well??  Oh yeah, both Grundy and Hagerty give a insured over $100.00 per year discount when a YOM or historical plate is used.

I know of the money savings but I also know of the politics of getting stopped because the yom plate is just like a historic plate. One cop one bad day=ticket. Im still tossing it around though. I really dont have to get the plate today I can do it later. The way I read it on the web site is its 30 bucks a year then a 15.00 renewal? Its inda cornfusing the way they splain it.

Dave

Wouldn't want to give you any ideas, you get enough of them by yourself. :P  But I've heard of people being so bold as to tell the cop they are on their way (1) to/from a show/cruise   (2) to/from a repair shop. :wink: That's all a perfectly legal excuse and no reason for a ticket
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"

Dave

Wouldn't want to give you any ideas, you get enough of them by yourself. :P  But I've heard of people being so bold as to tell the cop they are on their way (1) to/from a show/cruise   (2) to/from a repair shop. :wink: That's all a perfectly legal excuse and no reason for a ticket

Ya im well aware of all the excuses I could use Jack. I just took the afternoon off work and went to the dmv and the dump. I had some wood to get rid of from the new deck deal. Ill get to the railing on it next summer.
Its warm out!
I got the new plate ordered. Ill just keep it a secret for now. I did like some of the suggestions specially georges ...3window ...
Dave
ps: they gave me a temp paper thingy so I hope I get lucky enuff to get the new one by next friday or saturday..

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "N8DC"The way I read it on the web site is its 30 bucks a year then a 15.00 renewal? Its inda cornfusing the way they splain it.

Dave

There is no renewal on YOM plates and no experation.  $35 for the life that you have the car period.  Since I head to a cruz nite/show/event almost evey day :wink:  I have never given any thought what so ever about a police officer questioning me.  In fact, I have never heard of one person ever getting pulled over or questioned regarding their YOM plate.

With what I'm saving each year between my lowered insurance premium and lack of DMV registration, it pays for a complete hot rod weekend out of town each year.

You do have to do what you feel comfortable with and if your not comfortable driving with YOM plates then a personalized plate is probley a good idea.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "N8DC"The way I read it on the web site is its 30 bucks a year then a 15.00 renewal? Its inda cornfusing the way they splain it.

Dave

There is no renewal on YOM plates and no experation.  $35 for the life that you have the car period.  Since I head to a cruz nite/show/event almost evey day :wink:  I have never given any thought what so ever about a police officer questioning me.  In fact, I have never heard of one person ever getting pulled over or questioned regarding their YOM plate.

With what I'm saving each year between my lowered insurance premium and lack of DMV registration, it pays for a complete hot rod weekend out of town each year.

You do have to do what you feel comfortable with and if your not comfortable driving with YOM plates then a personalized plate is probley a good idea.

We have had this discussion before! I do know how the system works and in a nut shell your asking me to do something that according to state law is illegal :!:  Ya dont worry im not perfect but some things I just dont want to worry about like the plate issue. Maybe when I retire and need more money ill screw the state of michigan but right now I just wanna have some fun with a different plate and also not worry bout the legalitys.
I basically asked for opinions for a different plate hoping someone would jump in and give me more options than I could come up with.. And they did.
Dave
:wink:

Rayvyn

I basically asked for opinions for a different plate hoping someone would jump in and give me more options than I could come up with.. And they did.
Dave

I'm a little late here, but I've been busier than H@@L the last few days.  But here's one that came to mind. After what you've been through lately... :D

2NDCHNC
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

58 Yeoman

You're lucky up there in MI; IL won't let us mix up letters and numbers.  Cars have the numbers first, and trucks have them last.  No letters, number, then letters, or vice versa.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Dave

I'm a little late here, but I've been busier than H@@L the last few days.  But here's one that came to mind. After what you've been through lately... :D

2NDCHNC

Figures... Hey how about some new pics of the new ride?????????????
If you have trouble posting em just send em to me again and ill help ya out.
Im kinda looking forward to driving mine next weekend and im gonna miss your smiling face ... Gotta finish my coffee here and get  to work. Im putting new doors in the ponderosa :!:  I installed a new storm door on the back of the house friday evening and yesterday a new entrance door in the front which required cutting out part of the header over the door to get a full length door in place :!:  I learned a lot and it looks good. Today its paint the door jambs and get the new storm mounted on the front.
ive created way too much work for myslf but i hope to have it all done before thursay.
Dave

Grandadeo

ZZFORD, Fred from West Palm, who posts here on and off has one of the better ones to get through the DMV folks on the back of his fenderless '33 coupe.  Its "OL PHART" Wish I had a picture of it to post.  Hey Fred, you out there?

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Rayvyn

Figures... Hey how about some new pics of the new ride?????????????
Dave

Easy there, Seabisquit... :D

Due to the massive earthquake we had in the Gulf of Mexico yesterday, I went out to the car and found all the old chrome shaken off, so I took all the bumpers off and ran them to the replater. I'll have `em back in about 15 days. I also took out the carpet for the new one I have coming, and I'm re-dying the headliner.  After I get the new rims and wide whites on and everything bolted in place, I'll take a couple of shots. Or maybe drive it to the local Wing House and have a few of the girls pose with it.
***SFC-Team Smart***

EMSjunkie

That wouldn't happen to be the Wing House in Largo, would it :?:  :wink:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"That wouldn't happen to be the Wing House in Largo, would it :?:  :wink:

Vance

Could be. I know the owner pretty well... :wink:  :D

He's an ex-NFL lineman named Graham Ker. He's pretty good with stuff like that, especially if I shell out for a couple of those calendars they print up... :!: ... :shock:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

Dave

I'll take a couple of shots. Or maybe drive it to the local Wing House and have a few of the girls pose with it.

That a boy now your talking. Hey how bout doing a video while your there and just email it to me im sure after i get done watching it sue will want a peek too .. Ha Ha Ha  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Im not supprised you know the guy...........
Dave :arrow:

32coupe

So what did you decide??

I have YLD 32C ( wild 32 coupe ) on my coupe :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem