car building stoopidity..... tranny stuff

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 06, 2006, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"
Quote from: "donsrods"There has got to be more to this story than meets the eye. I bet they were attempting some shade tree modification on the trans and it didn't work out.  If you were simply drilling a hole in your floor and you hit metal, you wouldn't keep going that deep.
Don

Could be the guy's from Texas or Oklahoma and is used to drillin' til he hits oil.......................

Some peoples' kids!!! :roll:

Dave

Also lemme tell ya about my father.. Years ago he was working to get his journey mans tool maker card. Back then you didnt dare do anything wrong or mess up any machines or you were out the door. Well dad told me he was running the mill (im assuming it was a Bridgeport) and low and behold when he took the part he was working on off the mill there was a hole where he drilled thru the part and into the table of the mill :oops:  :cry:  :cry:
Figuring that was for sure gonna get his * canned he came up with a plan.
He drilled the hole deeper taped it for a 1/8 pipe plug then grabbed some stamps and stamped( oil ) around it.  No one ever figured it out let alone oiled the dam thing :!:  :lol:  :lol:
True Story
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "Dirk35"
Quote from: "Uncle Bob"
Quote from: "donsrods"There has got to be more to this story than meets the eye. I bet they were attempting some shade tree modification on the trans and it didn't work out.  If you were simply drilling a hole in your floor and you hit metal, you wouldn't keep going that deep.
Don

Could be the guy's from Texas or Oklahoma and is used to drillin' til he hits oil.......................

Some peoples' kids!!! :roll:

Start it up and see if the exhaust is louder...............
Dave :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

hard tellin what happened in the actual install.

photos were taken , memo written ........ I have no idear beyond that
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)