Did ya ever think ?

Started by Dave, September 03, 2006, 04:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok so what would have happened if I wouldnt have made it  on june 14th? Sue said she wouldnt have sold the new harley or the 32 or my tools etc! So somewhere down the road would my stuff have been the new GARAGE FIND?
Dave
ps: this gets me kinda nervous............I got that twitch and drool again :wink:

enjenjo

Don't worry Dave, her next husband will use it all.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I've spent the last 3 years trying to simplfy my life so my family won't have a mess to deal with if I fall over. I have alot less junk than I had before this started. I still have tools and large toys but the misc. crap has been sold. I took the money from the sales and donated to my son's college fund. That may prove to be wasted.  :lol: I think that my wife will be able to find an auctioneer that is smart enough to know what a lathe and mill are worth. I don't want my life to be someone else's problem.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't worry Dave, her next husband will use it all.

she'd probably have to beat them off with a stick :lol: nice lady nice car and tools. :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Uncle Bob

Facing mortality kinda brings it into focus doesn't it Dave?

Like kb I've been thinning some of the stuff, but there's no way to do it all without giving up on the hobby altogether.  Ain't happenin' yet! :D

Between what I've tried to make the bride aware of, and hopefully with some help from car lovin' buddies, she should be able to work it out.  Or like Frank says, the next hubby gets a bonus.

Just one thought on the auctioneer deal.  About 26 years ago, when I was in my Hudson restoration period, an ol' boy I'd met kicked off.  He had been a Hudson guy since his early years.  Had a garage full of them, many he'd bought new.  In 1980 they weren't worth much, but he had a real nice '41 coupe, needed most everything redone, but was all there and pretty rust free (eastern Wa. is like a desert).  I offered his widow $700 for it, which was pretty much market at the time.  She got on the phone with the guy she'd been talking to about auctioning off all the car stuff and he told her I was trying to cheat her and that he'd get much more in the auction.  Well, a month later the high bid was $600.  And of course the auctioneer got HIS commission out of that!
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.