TV cable correction question

Started by entodad, August 28, 2006, 10:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

entodad

I have a 283 chevy with a holley projection 2bbl fuel injection, behind it is a 700r2 tranny.  The question is does the projection have the correct geometry on the tv cable or does it need the same correction bracket as does the holley carburetors?  I suspect that it does since the truck 82 s-10 short shifts under full throttle, but I thought I would toss the question out before I went buying the correcter.
Doug
WaChiss......(famous last hillbilly word)

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "entodad"I have a 283 chevy with a holley projection 2bbl fuel injection, behind it is a 700r2 tranny.  The question is does the projection have the correct geometry on the tv cable or does it need the same correction bracket as does the holley carburetors?  I suspect that it does since the truck 82 s-10 short shifts under full throttle, but I thought I would toss the question out before I went buying the correcter.
Doug

Take a look at Sumner's purplesagetradingpost page for dimensional info to make a bracket.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Leon

After you hook it up you should check it with a pressure gauge.  I don't know how else you would determine that you have the pressure coming up as soon as the throttle comes off idle.

BinderRod

Check out BowTie Overdrives. They have everything to make the GM OD Trans work. I picked up the TV adjuster for my tunnel ram and twin 450s. They have excellent tech pages. Keith
Never enough tools, toys or time!!