L-_ville thugs

Started by bigdude, August 26, 2006, 01:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdude

You that are interested in a real story about l-ville can go to Streetrodding.com and see what happened to a guy and his family that was parking in the wrong spot.

alchevy

Let's try to remember that the fun is in the run and just enjoy our cars and the people we meet along the way. That's what I do. If something happens to your spot or a spot next to you, just make the best of it go on. Louisville is my vacation from work to get away from stress. Last year, we were setting up our area and a woman beside us got bent out of shape because someone moved her tent and she acted like she was blaming us as we were setting up next to her. Words were exchanged between parties and everyone was getting mad. Someone moved her tent and leaned it against the fence and put up a tent where her's was, even stole or threw away the stakes that were holding her tent down. After things calmed down a little, I found that I had another set of stakes in my street rod and gave them to our neighbors to use to put their tent back up somewhere. Someone from my group went and talked to a NSRA official and was told that the NSRA does not take down tents. It's a great event that we can enjoy if we try to. I don't have all of the answers, but my bunch is getting there earlier each year to grab a spot. So that means taking another day off from work, but I am ready for the event so I probably would not get not much done at work anyway that day. Hate to sound like a Walgreen's commercial, but in a perfect world, when you get there and park in the spot you can find, you just live with it. Like we had to do one year. One year, we were getting ready to leave on a Saturday after they gave away the car and before we pulled out to go home, someone had a tent setup in our old spot...and this was on Saturday afternoon about 3:30pm.

So until the NSRA tells us that we have to take our tents down each night, it won't do any good if I start now with my tent because someone will be waiting to grab the spot as I drive away from the fairgrounds each day. One year, Wings came across the PA and told us that because storms are on the way, please take down your tent tops before you leave, because we know that you will leave the tent poles there.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

SKR8PN

Quote from: "bigdude"You that are interested in a real story about l-ville can go to Streetrodding.com and see what happened to a guy and his family that was parking in the wrong spot.

Where is it at on that site? Forums?  I am looking........
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Quote from: "bigdude"You that are interested in a real story about l-ville can go to Streetrodding.com and see what happened to a guy and his family that was parking in the wrong spot.

Where is it at on that site? Forums?  I am looking........

difficult site to navigate till you view it for a while .... IMHO
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

http://www.streetrodding.com/sr/index.cfm?fuseaction=forum.discussion_detail&topicid=17626&forumid=6

When you go to the site, it's on the left under discussion forums, then hot topics.  Not much said there; only two replies.  Looks like Big Olds in the background of the right pic?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"http://www.streetrodding.com/sr/index.cfm?fuseaction=forum.discussion_detail&topicid=17626&forumid=6

When you go to the site, it's on the left under discussion forums, then hot topics.  Not much said there; only two replies.  Looks like Big Olds in the background of the right pic?

Yupper it sure is the big olds and thats Bob K's car  that they are talking about.  The other car is a Hamber. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.
Dave

tomslik

i'm not sticking up for anybody BUT it seems to me i seen where NSRA sez you're not supposed to leave canopies and lawn chairs overnight.
at least thats what the deal was at pueblo a few years ago....

BUT it's up to NSRA or the fairgrounds to take care of the problem, not some self-appointed bunch of people.
well, anyway, thats only one side of the story...
me? i don't give a f.....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

bigdude

Anytime someone thinks they should have a spot just because its been theirs for the last few years and then intimidate the guy to move is wrong and shows a negative side to us in general. My 2-cents

Rayvyn

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"http://www.streetrodding.com/sr/index.cfm?fuseaction=forum.discussion_detail&topicid=17626&forumid=6

Yupper it sure is the big olds and thats Bob K's car  that they are talking about.  The other car is a Hamber. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm.
Dave

If you look in the 1st picture, the guy that owns the big primered delivery was parking between Bob's car and the orange one in the 2nd pic.

In the 2nd pic, the black car with the goofy flames doesn't belong there. That's why the guy in the primered sedan was parked in front of Bob's car. It was the group next to us that ran off that driver after they got his cell # and chewed him out. He had blatantly got out, moved the chair himself and backed in with out asking. It wasn't our bunch that did this.

Bob K did state that he had a go round with the folks on either side on Tuesday when he went to set up, but things worked themselves out.

I wonder if Bob knows that guy referred to him as one of the primered thugs..? I didn't know yard gnomes were thuggish... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Dave

If you look in the 1st picture, the guy that owns the big primered delivery was parking between Bob's car and the orange one in the 2nd pic.

In the 2nd pic, the black car with the goofy flames doesn't belong there. That's why the guy in the primered sedan was parked in front of Bob's car. It was the group next to us that ran off that driver after they got his cell # and chewed him out. He had blatantly got out, moved the chair himself and backed in with out asking. It wasn't our bunch that did this.

Bob K did state that he had a go round with the folks on either side on Tuesday when he went to set up, but things worked themselves out.

I wonder if Bob knows that guy referred to him as one of the primered thugs..? I didn't know yard gnomes were thuggish... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Im glad you answered my questions that I didnt ask :!:  :lol:
I didnt think bob would do anything like that and for the other guy to lay blame on him on another board and get everyone fired up just sucks. :!:
Sounds like there anr a few people that need to be straightened out. I also llike where they told the guy to go to the HAMB and they will get it straightened out so to speak also. Get a NFG over there bad mouthing Bobby would be kinda fun  :!:  Ya Think :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:
ps: I just sent the guy an email and told him to get his facts straight.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Dave

Im glad you answered my questions that I didnt ask :!:  :lol:
I didnt think bob would do anything like that and for the other guy to lay blame on him on another board and get everyone fired up just sucks. :!:
Sounds like there anr a few people that need to be straightened out. I also llike where they told the guy to go to the HAMB and they will get it straightened out so to speak also. Get a NFG over there bad mouthing Bobby would be kinda fun  :!:  Ya Think :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:
ps: I just sent the guy an email and told him to get his facts straight.

I messed with Bob a few times at Loovul. I think we better wait a couple of weeks now though. I hear his tranny crapped out on the way to Mokan. He's probably not in the mood right about now.

PS: It would be fun tho'..... 8)  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

On Saturday,I parked in the area just West of the exhibit building.I arrived about 5AM to secure that spot as I wanted to throw a For Sale sign in the 36.A few minutes after I arrived,a fellow with a primered 46 Ford backed into the stall directly behind me.He was a nice guy and even asked if I minded his primered car sitting next to mine....I assured him it was fine.He proceeded to set up a chair and then walked off to look at cars.About 3 hrs later,a guy drives up,gets out and begins to have a meltdown claiming the guy in the 46 stole his spot and had moved his chairs that he had left overnight.I assured him that when I arrived that I drove thru that parking spot and there was nothing there and that nobody had moved anything....He proceeded to rant about kicking the guys * until I mentioned he was about 6'6" tall and weighed about 300 pounds...that seemed to settle him down a bit and he drove off.I don't pay much attention to who parks where but I do hate to see the guys park their cars in a prime spot and not move it the entire event....sometimes remaining covered up with a car cover till late in the day  :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Quote from: "40"On Saturday,I parked in the area just West of the exhibit building.I arrived about 5AM to secure that spot as I wanted to throw a For Sale sign in the 36.A few minutes after I arrived,a fellow with a primered 46 Ford backed into the stall directly behind me.He was a nice guy and even asked if I minded his primered car sitting next to mine....I assured him it was fine.He proceeded to set up a chair and then walked off to look at cars.About 3 hrs later,a guy drives up,gets out and begins to have a meltdown claiming the guy in the 46 stole his spot and had moved his chairs that he had left overnight.I assured him that when I arrived that I drove thru that parking spot and there was nothing there and that nobody had moved anything....He proceeded to rant about kicking the guys * until I mentioned he was about 6'6" tall and weighed about 300 pounds...that seemed to settle him down a bit and he drove off.I don't pay much attention to who parks where but I do hate to see the guys park their cars in a prime spot and not move it the entire event....sometimes remaining covered up with a car cover till late in the day  :roll:

There is a reason that when I do go to louisville I park on the pavement ( I hate the dust) and I dont get there early(let everyone fight about it ) :lol:  :lol:
Dave :P>