K.C. Goodguys Roll Call

Started by 40, August 25, 2006, 10:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "40"Just wondering if anyone is heading to Kansas City next weekend.There has been a delay in material delivery for the current home we're building so it looks like I'll have a few days off and will be able to attend.The last time I was there,I stayed at a hotel that was fairly close to the track,it was next to a K.C. Masterpiece rib shack......anyone from the area familiar with the name of the hotel?I'd like to stay there again if possible.

If the weather is good my wife and I will be there on Saturday.  We want to look at some 53/54 Chevrolets to get some ideas for her car.  If you want to set up a place for a meet and greet, just let us know.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

John..... Are you familiar with a good spot at the track to meet?As I recall,there is a statue or flag pole or something sort of in front of the vendor buildings on the main road?I am OK with any time other than 1:30 till about 5 on Saturday....I'll be at the bar watching the Huskers!Just got my new "40" steering wheel today.....I'll get it installed tomorrow night and should have the 36 ready to go! See Ya in K.C.!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "40"John..... Are you familiar with a good spot at the track to meet?As I recall,there is a statue or flag pole or something sort of in front of the vendor buildings on the main road?I am OK with any time other than 1:30 till about 5 on Saturday....I'll be at the bar watching the Huskers!Just got my new "40" steering wheel today.....I'll get it installed tomorrow night and should have the 36 ready to go! See Ya in K.C.!

I only went to this event one time and it was cold and rainy.  I do not recall much about the track but maybe Tom will see this post and help.  What you mentioned should work.  How about 12:00?  We will just meet up for a few minuets and then move on.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

12:00 sounds good! I'll be the overweight,nearly bald guy WITHOUT a car shirt on......should be easy to see! I'm winding up a couple of loose ends for work and then I'm outa here!

Just got back from K.C. Unfortunately,I didn't run into anyone else from the RRT.I stood around the Nascar that was on display sort of in front of the vendors for a bit around noon but didn't see anybody.Rick,I looked for you/your car both Saturday and Sunday but had no luck.Tom,I looked for you also both days ....I did find your car parked in front of the chainlink fence 1 row back early Sunday morning but you were not around....I went to check on you an hour or so later and you had disappeared.....the car looks very nice by the way! I was parked east of the tower both days and tried to stick around a bit....I also left my cell # in case anyone was interested.John,Did you and your wife make it to K.C.??I thought the weather was awesome and the show well attended for being Labor Day weekend.For this show to really take off,I think they need to quit changing the date....I believe it's had 5 different dates in 5 years.I did manage to break the other side window glass before I left home on Friday....Sure glad it didn't rain....well,at least until I was 1/2 way home :roll:

WZ JUNK

My wife and I were there through the middle of the day.  We looked at all the 53/54 Chevys we could find and visited with a lot of people.  I needed to buy some stuff for the 32 that we are finishing but I found the vendors to be very limited.  Except for some local shows and cruise nights, I guess I am done for the year.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

awsum34

Daryle, sorry i missed you, we got there about 10:30, got a phone call and had to leave, we got back about 2:30, I seen Tom's car, (with empty chairs around it friday) but didn't see it Saturday

Saturday we park around turn 2, there were some many people walking around, i could have bumped into you and didn't even noticed,

hopefuly we can meet next year,and have a better meeting location, like the bandstand, it's out of the way with the crowd
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask