K.C. Goodguys Roll Call

Started by 40, August 25, 2006, 10:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering if anyone is heading to Kansas City next weekend.There has been a delay in material delivery for the current home we're building so it looks like I'll have a few days off and will be able to attend.The last time I was there,I stayed at a hotel that was fairly close to the track,it was next to a K.C. Masterpiece rib shack......anyone from the area familiar with the name of the hotel?I'd like to stay there again if possible.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Husker

Isn't that Big Burtha's Massage Parlor/Sleeping rooms by the hour Hotel?

btrc

Daryle,
 The name of the motel was the Pear Tree Inn.  913-451-0200.  We stayed there last year too.  a great place.
 Can't make it this year but I'll let Dan know your going, maybe he'll head down there.

Bob
Bob

Thanks Bob! The only thing I could remember was that it was close to K.C. Masterpiece  :P  Sorry you're not going to make it....aren't you leaving shortly for Florida?Let me know if/when Dan is heading to K.C.

Kctom

Quote from: "40"Just wondering if anyone is heading to Kansas City next weekend.There has been a delay in material delivery for the current home we're building so it looks like I'll have a few days off and will be able to attend.The last time I was there,I stayed at a hotel that was fairly close to the track,it was next to a K.C. Masterpiece rib shack......anyone from the area familiar with the name of the hotel?I'd like to stay there again if possible.
Will be there in the Pontiac, hope we can meet up

awsum34

The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

awsum34

FYI,, on 435 right at the host hotel there is road work for about a mile, It shouldn't be a problem, but it might be down to one lane or closed from time to time.
If it is closed you can go around from a side street, one block south is college. take college east to Quavria. that will take you around the road work,
going back to the host hotel area,  you'll be getting off on Quavria, go south, three traffic lights, That's college, go east, that will take you back to metcalf, that's where the host hotel is, just of the left.

this is only if 435 is closed

Rick,I'll be staying at the Pear Tree Inn,I believe i'll get off 435 on exit 79 and then have to loop back south to get on the correct side of Metcalf...is that right? Will this construction affect my path?I'll be traveling alone in the 36 Coupe.Why don't you or Tom suggest a meeting place and time....I'm not real familiar with a good place to meet.Perhaps we can do dinner one night?By the way,what will you be driving?

awsum34

Daryle, you'll be getting off a metcalf, go south, then turn left at the next light. As soon as you turn right on Metcalf you'll see * Clark Amercian Bandstand, KC Masterpiece. Pear Tree is right behind them.

The road work is on 435, and it ends at Metcalf, for about a mile you'll be in road work, the roads are good, their just adding new lanes, but have a few lanes shut down.

What day will you be here? we can meet anytime,

here's what i'll be driving

34ford

Quote from: "40"Just wondering if anyone is heading to Kansas City next weekend.There has been a delay in material delivery for the current home we're building so it looks like I'll have a few days off and will be able to attend.The last time I was there,I stayed at a hotel that was fairly close to the track,it was next to a K.C. Masterpiece rib shack......anyone from the area familiar with the name of the hotel?I'd like to stay there again if possible.

Daryle,

You gonna miss the  1st big red  game of the year????   :shock:  :shock:

Tom, How about a current photo of the Pontiac?

Rick....I'll be arriving sometime Friday....not real sure how early at this point....depends on how it goes at work.It's been raining all day today and they are predicting more of the same for tomorrow.I'll post later in the week.

Bob.....I no longer have season tickets....It's a long story but I'm still to * to talk about it  :x  Anyway,I have been thinking about driving back to Lincoln Saturday afternoon and then back to K.C. after the game.Really doesn't make much sense with the cost of fuel and all....Guess you have to be from "Big Red" country to realize what it's like on a Fall Saturday in Lincoln! Shouldn't be much of a game anyway.....I could always watch it at the bar with a bunch of Mizzou,K-State and Kansas fans :roll:  If I don't go....it will be the first home opener I've missed in forever!I'll shoot you an email later. HUSKER POWER!!! GOOO  BIGGG REDDD!!!

Kctom

Quote from: "40"Tom, How about a current photo of the Pontiac?

Kctom

Quote from: "Kctom1"
Quote from: "40"Tom, How about a current photo of the Pontiac?