New Project

Started by midnight sun, April 09, 2004, 07:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

Yeah I know I havent finished what Im working on but heres the next addition to the stall.

47 Ford Coupe.  Dont look like much but its straight and most of the chrome/mouldings are in real good shape.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Jimc

Quote from: "midnight sun"Yeah I know I havent finished what Im working on but heres the next addition to the stall.

47 Ford Coupe.  Dont look like much but its straight and most of the chrome/mouldings are in real good shape.

Frome one 47 Coupe owner to another, You got photos?
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

midnight sun

Quote from: "Jimc"
Quote from: "midnight sun"Yeah I know I havent finished what Im working on but heres the next addition to the stall.

Hopefully we have photos this time.

phat rat

Quote from: "midnight sun"
Quote from: "Jimc"

Hopefully we have photos this time.

From the looks of those pics it seems as though you have too much NOS (neat old stuff) around. Need someone too take it off your hands? LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Stevie G

And I thought my yard was crowded.......
Do you like monsters?  Get a Swamp Thing T-Shirt

Bib_Overalls

Tell me about that Corvette that looks like it could/should be my next project.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

58 Yeoman

I like the looks of the Pontiac in the foreground. :)  Is it available?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

purplepickup

Are all those cars yours Jack?  The '47 looks real solid.  Where do you find the time?

I'd like to have that corvette too, Bib.  A buddy and I built a 57 and raced it before I got drafted in the 60s.
George

47wood

Nice project ...I'm looking for a lower radiator pan for my 47 if you run across a good one.  And that Corvette looks kinda lonesome like she'd like to come play at my place. :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

midnight sun

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Tell me about that Corvette that looks like it could/should be my next project.

Actually the only car that is mine in the picture is the 47 Ford.  I took the pictures at my friends house who owns all that you see.  Supposedly he and another of our friends is going to restore the vette but you know how that goes.  Ill keep you updated if it becomes available.  Theres plenty more that you cant see.  The guy basically runs a street rod business out of his garage.  Among other things he has a 39 Lincoln sedan, 28 Model a coupe, 34 Ford 2 dr sedan, 56 chev PU, 34 Ford 3 window coupe, a 47-48(?) Chev coupe and more that I forgot.  Oh yeah, I just helped him finish a 1965 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40(?) that he took to Jeep Safari in Moab to try and sell.  Supposedly there were only about 300 made.  It was pretty sharp.  I think Ive got pictures somewhere of that too.

Later

midnight sun

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I like the looks of the Pontiac in the foreground. :)  Is it available?

Last time I talked to himnn he was kinda wavering about what he was going to do.  He has a 455 that he was thinking about putting in it.  Ill check again and see if he would part with it.

Later

midnight sun

Quote from: "purplepickup"Are all those cars yours Jack?  The '47 looks real solid.  Where do you find the time?

Well there are advantages to being retired but Im still way behind on a lot of things.

AAANNNND I still have all of those cars up at my brothers place that I need to do something with!!

Later

midnight sun

Quote from: "47wood"Nice project ...I'm looking for a lower radiator pan for my 47 if you run across a good one.  And that Corvette looks kinda lonesome like she'd like to come play at my place. :wink:

Ill see if he's got an extra one laying around.

Later

midnight sun

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Tell me about that Corvette that looks like it could/should be my next project.

Talked with the owner again about the Vette.  Its a 57 and he is planning on restoring it so he has no plans to sell it.  If that changes Ill let you know.

midnight sun

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I like the looks of the Pontiac in the foreground. :)  Is it available?

The 56 Pontiac is available.  He said it is rust free except for the floor pan on the pass side.  It is a straight car.  It comes with a 455 big block.  $3000.