Currently in the shop it is 32 time

Started by WZ JUNK, August 23, 2006, 09:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I am currently building a 32 roadster to sell.  We assembled the car and then took it apart to have the frame powdercoated and the body parts painted.  All of this was done while I was at Bonneville and now we have started to assemble the car.  The crate motor will be here in the next couple of days.  We should be ready for exhaust later next week and then we will put the body back on the frame.

The sedan in the picture is an all steel car that has been a street rod for more than 30 years.  I am doing a little wiring on it for the owner.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

donsrods

That's really a sharp red, John.  Too bad you have to cover up something so pretty with a body.

I've never had anything powder coated, maybe the next project or so I am going to have to try it.

Don

Dave

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I am currently building a 32 roadster to sell.  We assembled the car and then took it apart to have the frame powdercoated and the body parts painted.  All of this was done while I was at Bonneville and now we have started to assemble the car.  The crate motor will be here in the next couple of days.  We should be ready for exhaust later next week and then we will put the body back on the frame.

The sedan in the picture is an all steel car that has been a street rod for more than 30 years.  I am doing a little wiring on it for the owner.

John

More pics John... Thats what im looking for also. I wanna do one to sell myself. Make a few bucks and move on to another.
Dave

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "donsrods"That's really a sharp red, John.  Too bad you have to cover up something so pretty with a body.

I've never had anything powder coated, maybe the next project or so I am going to have to try it.

Don

It is not that color of red.  The flash and the camera changed the color.  We had the frame powder coated Dupont Red Baron Red and then we had the paint mixed to match the powder coat color.  I call the car the red baron.  I might do a little pinstripe and and a small iron cross.

I will post some more pictures in a week or so.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

MO_JUNK

There's so much 32 stuff in there that we hardly had room to drink a cold beer.

WZ JUNK

Well it has been a month and I thought I would post an update picture.  I will paint the last couple of parts tomorrow morning.  I am finishing up the wiring and then hopefully it is off to the upholstery shop later in the week.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Charlie Chops 1940

Where did you get the Duval w/s frame plated? Mind telling me how much? I need to get mine done some day.

The car is looking pretty darn nice.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Where did you get the Duval w/s frame plated? Mind telling me how much? I need to get mine done some day.

The car is looking pretty darn nice.

Charlie

The windshield was part of the pile of parts that we bought last spring.  It was already plated when we got it.  The plating is okay and above average but I do not know where it was done.  It was somewhat difficult to install the glass.  The upper frame was sprung and we had to pull it in to get the screws started but it is not under a lot of stress.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

This shot shows the rear filler panels that I made to fill in the corners and wrap around the ends of the gas tank.  I also cut, removed, and made patch panels that changed the shape of panel just inside the rear wheels.  I removed a large flat section near the back and replace it with a panel that tapers down into the corners that I made.  This body panel start narrow at the front, gets wider at the top of the arc and then tapers back down at the back.  I call it an eye brow for lack of a better name.  I did this to have more tire clearance as the tire wheel combination we used put the tires in close to the body.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

After I posted I noticed that you really could not see what I was talking about.  I went out to the shop and took another picture of corner roll pan and the wheel well.  I hope this one is clearer.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Jimc

That Gary's sedan in the background. Hard to tell with my old eyes.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Jimc"That Gary's sedan in the background. Hard to tell with my old eyes.

I had Gary's car in the shop helping him with some LED lights problems.

Come by and see me anytime.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Dave

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"After I posted I noticed that you really could not see what I was talking about.  I went out to the shop and took another picture of corner roll pan and the wheel well.  I hope this one is clearer.

John

I like it.. Thats got me thinking that I need to do sumpin like that with my new roadster. Dint wanna start anything but the Duvall windshield does nothing for me but thats my choice I guess........... :lol:
Dave

WZ JUNK

I like it.. Thats got me thinking that I need to do sumpin like that with my new roadster. Dint wanna start anything but the Duvall windshield does nothing for me but thats my choice I guess........... :lol:
Dave[/quote]

I do not have strong feelings either way on the windshield.  It came with the pile of parts when we bought the roller.  Probably the next one will have a chopped original windshield.  I am happy with the car so far but I had to work with a lot of parts that I would not have chosen, had I been the original purchaser.  Nothing wrong with any of it but more a style issue.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck