'Lectric question?

Started by slocrow, August 21, 2006, 07:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

hey Frank, you know the lights will work during the day. :P  You don't have too wait till it's dark. :P  Did you try the jumper wire I mentioned?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"hey Frank, you know the lights will work during the day. :P  You don't have too wait till it's dark. :P  Did you try the jumper wire I mentioned?
Yes Jack, I thought of that after I submitted the last note. No I did not try the jumper yet. I just picked up a new dimmer switch at NAPA and will install now. It's tinier then the one that was suspect.
My mind has slipped over to the Alternator and it's internal voltage regulator as a possible cause. The reman company is right here it town so if they think it's a possibility, I just may run it over for them to check out. Later, Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

bigdude

I got a c-dan from a guy in Grand Rapids once that the whole thing would go out as soon as you hit the hibeams. The dumb * also had it fused in 4 places????????

Dave

Well Frank what did ya find out? Id be supprised if it was anything to do with the heaslight circuit if the engine misses and the dash lights flicker too. If its a dead short drawing that much current you should see fire and smoke too.
How about a loose connection on the main cable somewhere. :?:  Or a bad fuse panel  :?: Sure the headlight switch has headlights and dash lights on it but it dont  have the engine on it. How about the gauges did they move around at all
:?:
Dave :?:

GPster

Quote from: "N8DC"How about the gauges did they move around at all
:?: Dave :?:
I know I'm slow but when the headlights go out at night when I'm driving I try to concentrare on steering. GPster

Dave

Very good Joe  :lol:  :lol:
Dont worry I just got of the phone with Frank. Well really it was before i cleaned the bathroom drain and set up a new bed in one bedroom but nuff of that. We got it all figured out. We have no idea But franks a trooper he isnt giving up. :lol:
Dave :wink:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "N8DC"This better not be an excuse for you to not show up to Kzoo Buddy :?:
Gte out in the garage now and fix that thing :shock:  :shock:
Dave :(U)  :-}  :b-d:

He's out there, he called me a couple of hours ago from under it.

What was he doing under the garage...? :?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Pep

If the alternator was not charging enough, then you would suffer from a flat battery, so I would discount that possibility. The reason why I mentioned a bad supply connection  ( main battery feed or ground ) is that at normal  the resistance of the connection is not enough to impede the current but once you turn on the high beams, the current would need to increase substantially. Any bad connection in the feed will cause a high resistant connection. It  may show signs of arcing at the main cause...may be as simple as the crimp on the battery lug.
See Ya
Pep