Polk Street Cruise

Started by EMSjunkie, August 06, 2006, 12:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

The city of Amarillo, in an attempt to re-vitalize
the downtown area, has sponsored a cruise night for the past 3 years
here in Amarillo.  "back in the day" it was fashionable for the youth
of the area to "drag" Polk street. now, once a year everybody who wants to, don't hafta have a vintage auto or truck, just if ya wanna go "drag" Polk street, you are welcome to. the local Law Enforcement blocked off a 15 block long stretch of Polk street so the traffic would flow.
so being the self-respecting  :roll:  "Streetrodder" that I am, I went and "drug" main. had some interesting stuff there.

here are a few shots I took.

Vance

well, never mind, guess FatCat is still steamed about that Daisy Duke picture I posted awhile back :shock:
can't post pictures right now, maybe he will find it in his heart to forgive me  :oops:  :cry:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Hmmm....must've missed the Daisy Duke pic.  You're sure you got the pics sized right?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Hmmm....must've missed the Daisy Duke pic.  You're sure you got the pics sized right?

oh yea, it was sized right, I just had a moment of crainal rectumitis.
hopefully FatCat will show some mercy on a febel old guy and allow me to post some more pictures, I promise I'll behave from now on!! :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Fat Cat

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Hmmm....must've missed the Daisy Duke pic.  You're sure you got the pics sized right?

hopefully FatCat will show some mercy on a febel old guy and allow me to post some more pictures, I promise I'll behave from now on!! :oops:

Vance

I have placed no restrictions on your ability to post. I don't know why you can post images. Are you getting any error messages when you try to post them?

river1

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Vance

I have placed no restrictions on your ability to post. I don't know why you can post images. Are you getting any error messages when you try to post them?

when i posted the pics of my caddy motor the preview page came up with some programming type language at the top. maybe this is confusing MR EMS.

hope this helps jim

EDIT actually this happened when i clicked the add attachment button
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

58 Yeoman

I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"when i posted the pics of my caddy motor the preview page came up with some programming type language at the top. maybe this is confusing MR EMS.

hope this helps jim

EDIT actually this happened when i clicked the add attachment button

Actually that did help some. I found out a few hours ago the ISP that hosts the site has enacted Safe mode on the server. So there are things that are supposed to work that don't.

However even with those errors the software still allowed me to upload an image.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Works for me.

It works for you because you are using an externally hosted image. Had you tried to upload it you would see the error messages that River was referring to.

river1

Quote from: "Fat Cat"However even with those errors the software still allowed me to upload an image.

yea me too. i figure EMS got confused :lol:  by them.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

donsrods

Try posting Daisy again to see if it works.  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

Don