Louisville, this week!

Started by alchevy, July 31, 2006, 09:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Leaving in the morning from my house at 5am for the trip.  Going to cruise up there with the windows up and the new a/c on. Several of the regulars that usually go in my group won't be able to go this year. In their place we have a bunch of "rookies" this time.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "40chevy"Leaving in the morning from my house at 5am for the trip.  Going to cruise up there with the windows up and the new a/c on. Several of the regulars that usually go in my group won't be able to go this year. In their place we have a bunch of "rookies" this time.
AL

Im very excited. It's time to get away from life and enjoy cars and car people.

We are leaving tomorow night when my dad gets home. Ill be cruising with my windows down and my a/c on (Cowl vent and Swing out windshield!)  :D

348tripower

Looks like we will be on the road tomorrow bout 5pm. See ya all there.
Don  :D
Don Colliau

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Nick32vic"
Quote from: "40chevy"Leaving in the morning from my house at 5am for the trip.  Going to cruise up there with the windows up and the new a/c on. Several of the regulars that usually go in my group won't be able to go this year. In their place we have a bunch of "rookies" this time.
AL

Im very excited. It's time to get away from life and enjoy cars and car people.

We are leaving tomorow night when my dad gets home. Ill be cruising with my windows down and my a/c on (Cowl vent and Swing out windshield!)  :D

Us old guys used to cal the 4-60 air....

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Charlie

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Deuce

No A/C ... and No windows either  :-o
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

alchevy

I drove the car up there in 2003 without a/c, in 2004 without a/c, & in 2005 without a/c. But it sure is nice to a/c now. I kept my factory air (cowl vent) and my windows still work, so some of the time I may choose to not run the a/c.

The old saying I hear: "It ain't a true hot rod if it has a/c." Well, that's why I bought the one made by Hot Rod Air. It's got automatic transmission and comfortible seats. I am not going to hook up cruise control on it and I may stay with manual windows. I don't use cruise control on my everyday vehicles because I like to know that I am the one driving the car, not the car. I spent 2 years driving an hour to work and I'm glad I didn't use cruise control.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "40chevy"I drove the car up there in 2003 without a/c, in 2004 without a/c, & in 2005 without a/c. But it sure is nice to a/c now. I kept my factory air (cowl vent) and my windows still work, so some of the time I may choose to not run the a/c.

The old saying I hear: "It ain't a true hot rod if it has a/c." Well, that's why I bought the one made by Hot Rod Air. It's got automatic transmission and comfortible seats. I am not going to hook up cruise control on it and I may stay with manual windows. I don't use cruise control on my everyday vehicles because I like to know that I am the one driving the car, not the car. I spent 2 years driving an hour to work and I'm glad I didn't use cruise control.
AL

Last weekend in Bloomington I had cruise control on the 36. Throttle stuck! haha. Luckily Im smooth and corrected the problem before I made it a problem for the old lady in front of me.

MO_JUNK

If all goes well, I will be leaving Rolla by early afternoon on Friday. I hope to get to registration before it closes Friday evening. My friend Ron has to report for jury duty on Thursday. All depends on whether or not he gets picked for a trial and if I can get away from work.  We will be at the event for Saturday only. Will all of you be congregating along the fence near the swapmeet as you have in the past? We'll be in my trusty 48 pickup. Nick, I've been working in the recent triple didgit heat all day. My cowl vent will be closed with the a/c on for this trip. I'm leaving the HEAP(mobility cruiser) at home as well. Hope to see you all there. Sam

reborn55

Leaving Southern Illinois at 4:00 a.m. Thursday Morning.  Man that is early.  Wife is more excited than I am--she gets to choose the new toy--hopefully I can afford it.

two to many

We will be leaving sometime Tuesday night and arrive wed late morningand staying till sat.We will be camping on the grounds.Will try to look you guys up.
see ya
Todd

Normspeed

I'm green with envy.  Hope we get to see some pics.

I was planning to leave this evening after work.After breaking the side glass in Lincoln and then breaking it again last night just after getting the new one installed.....may have to delay my departure :? The usual place I buy my glass was out of the tint I use,another shop had a piece just big enough to cut the window pattern and now I've broken it.Not sure I can find another replacement locally.I did get the door latch adjusted properly,the regulator repaired and the nick in the channel repaired that I assume cracked the first two pieces so if I can find another piece of glass,I may get out of town on time.The shop that supplied the replacement glass charged me $146 for a side window glass.....aproximately 14" X30".....I feel like I got raped :x  Anyway,Not sure when I'm leaving or what I will be driving when I get there.....But....I WILL be there!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

rumrumm

Well, I was planning on leaving for Louisville on Thursday, but I have in-laws arriving on Friday, and my wife who is in Washington D.C.. gave me a list so darn long I'll never be able to get it done in time to spend two whole days there. So, I guess I'll have to try to make Kalamazoo later on. * those honey-do lists! She's gonna owe me!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Sorry you're not going to make it Lynn.Just walked in the door....found another piece of glass and re-assembled the door after work.Everything looked perfect,rolled the window up at least a dozen times effortlessly before I re-installed the interior.The first time down after everything was back together,one of the rollers jumped out of the track.It was nearly midnight and I'd had enough.....my buddy that was helping insisted we tear it back apart and give it another go....I agreed and long story short....we got it!The downside is that I could easily have installed power windows in the time I have in repairing that regulator :roll: I'm not getting on the road tonight as planned but will be heading out as soon as I can get my carcass out of the sheets in the morning! See everyone sometime Thursday!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

alchevy

Well, we made it up here Tuesday. Went to registration this morning. While there word came through that there was a parade from there to downtown Louisville. So we got in the parade. That was FUN and very well organized. News crews from all over Louisville was there. But I did not see it on the news. The newspaper took pictures and interviewed us. Will get a paper in the morning.
Went on the fairgrounds and went into the exibit hall. The BIG exibit hall now. They took out they took out the wall. There's more venders there than normally. Even saw Summit pull an 18wheeler in. The all wheel drive car (32 Ford) that's been on their cover is here.
Saw Nick's car on the grounds.
Registration is over 10,000 already!
AL

www.astreetrodder.com