Louisville, this week!

Started by alchevy, July 31, 2006, 09:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Deuce"

No A/C ... and No windows either  :-o

No A/C, no stereo, no windows, no interior and no top....so whats the big deal??? :roll: 8)

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

After reviewing this htread it doesn't appear like a Meet and Greet was planned so here goes.

Friday and Saturday meet and greet at noonish at the RRT BBQ trailer which is usually located along the wooden split rail fence that runs along the east side of the exhibit building out toward the swap meet area. We've had some huge attendance in the past and have done some great group shots.

We will also be heading to Mark's Feed Store, which is a vey cool BBQ place, on Friday nite for dinner then afterwards we're going to Stevie Rays for alittle blues. All are welcome to join us.  More details and directions available at the meet and greet.  I have printed maps to "Marks" for those that have never been.

Oh yeah, the last two people that have won the giveaway car have attended the meet and greet just hours before winning the car.

Map to Mark's Feed Store incase you wanted to print one yourself
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/print.a...9%252fjeYMDsQL
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

alchevy

gas price for regular unleaded last night $2.84 gal.
tonight it's $3.18 gal. [ouch!]
we asked an employee why & was told because all these street rods were in town.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Well, the last count I heard someone say on Thursday was over 12,000 cars registered!
Will find out the total on Saturday.
Heard on the news tonight that the attorney general is looking into the high gas prices.
The most interesting product I have seen up here is from www.backyardbuddy.com it's their easy access. https://www.backyardbuddy.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=easyacc Two pieces, one under the front and one under the back. $649 show special, $150 shipping, they don't have any here to take home with ya. It's on casters and their pickup can be moved with one hand. The car can be put up on the lift in any stage, running or not.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Here's a change to my previous post:
The total number was 11,660something. Don't know where the 12,000 number came from. Still, there were more than last year.

We broke up the trip into two days and left on Saturday after they gave away the car. Stopped for the night just above halfway home and then drove the rest of the way today.

It was a fun time. I didn't get to see everyone, but I saw a few. Got to meet Charlie and we talked about our '40 Chevrolets and compared notes. Nick, I saw you cruising around several times and saw your car parked on the paved side several times, even stopped by and asked if you were there and you had gone to dinner. My Mississippi bunch said that you did the same thing when you spotted my car. Ken called me but we did not get together. There just ain't enough time up there. Each year as I am driving away from Louisville, I go through a list in my head: Yeah, I was going to go back and pick up one of those items while I was there and I was going to do this and I was going to do that...There's always next year.

I ordered me one of those Easy Access lifts from Backyard Buddy.

Boy was that vendor building BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

river1

glad you had a good time.

Quote from: "40chevy"I ordered me one of those Easy Access lifts from Backyard Buddy. AL

we expect a full report when you get a chance to use it.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

rumrumm

Whenever I go to the Nats, the highlight for me is the Exhibition Hall as I like to investigate first-hand what I see advertized in magazines, and look at all the interesting stuff that is available. AND . . . it is air conditioned!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40chevy"Here's a change to my previous post:
The total number was 11,660something.
Boy was that vendor building BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AL

11,6660 cars...
12,387 canopies...
and 18,469 foldup chairs.

It's hard to get a photo of anything without a garbage can or a chair in the pic.

At least with the bigger vendor building it's not as crowded when the folks pile in to escape the heat. It used to get jammed up in there with the smaller venue. Like shopping from a sardine can. Of course it's all them northrun' guys in there too. Us southren gentlemen didn't think it was all that hot out... :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"Southern Gentleman? :lol:

Yeyah Suh... :D
Soowav, Grayshus, Deestingwished en' Debonair... :D
With a smidjen of Redneck fer Elegence... :wink:
Just ask Enjenjo; he'll vouch fer me... :!:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

phat rat

Soowav, Grayshus

That Soowav, is that what you say waving to the pigs?  :lol: I already you're a grey haired guy.   :P
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"Soowav, Grayshus

That Soowav, is that what you say waving to the pigs?  :lol:   :P

We have to say it that way.
When we holler "Suuuuuuueeeeeee" all the redneck women come out of their trailers... :shock:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

enjenjo

QuoteJust ask Enjenjo; he'll vouch fer me

Yeah, right..... :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.