Video, the #974, Bonneville

Started by WZ JUNK, July 30, 2006, 01:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I want to ask anyone who is going to Bonneville to take video of the 974.  We would like to get as many different videos as possible from as many locations as we can on any pass that we make.  If I can get the tape from you afterwards, my son can put it all together and make DVDs for everyone that helps.  We sure would appreciate the assistance.  Stop by the pit and check with us if you want to participate.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

I've got a pretty decent one that I'm planning to bring.  Can your son use the video's that come off of digital cameras too?  Mine makes .AVI files.  They come out very good.
George

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "purplepickup"I've got a pretty decent one that I'm planning to bring.  Can your son use the video's that come off of digital cameras too?  Mine makes .AVI files.  They come out very good.

I think he may be able to do something with the AVI files.  He is into all the graphic  an editing stuff.  Thanks

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

sirstude

George, are you going to do that with your Canon, or do you have another video cam that you are bringing with you?  I have been working so hard on the Impala to get ready for Spokane, I have not even taken mine out of the box.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Quote from: "sirstude"George, are you going to do that with your Canon, or do you have another video cam that you are bringing with you?  I have been working so hard on the Impala to get ready for Spokane, I have not even taken mine out of the box.  

Doug
I've got a regular video camera and the videos I take on the Canon are very good quality.  I'll bring both.   I just went to my 40th class reunion last weekend and Sue and I both took quite a few videos.  She has basically the same camera.  The sound and image quality came out very good.  It takes a lot of card space tho.  I just got a 2GB card and two 512MB cards so I can take some really long videos if I want.  I'm taking my laptop from work to empty the cards if I need to.

I think you'll like that camera Doug.   If you learn how to work it you can give me some lessons.   I'm glad it has an automatic mode :?  

See ya in a few days on the salt :D
George

1FATGMC

Hey George, which way do you come to my place from L'ville???

I did some figuring  :?  and I got 1739 miles if you dropped down to I40 and came across Ark. to Albq and Gallup and up here.

Then I got 1635 over to St. Louis and down to Albq/Gallup and to here.

Then 1539 to St. Louis. Then I70 across Kansas, Colo, to north of Moab and then down here.

I was talking to Ken and he wasn't sure which way they would come.  I think he said something about just falling in behind Charlie and seeing where he ended up :shock: .

Also did you ever figure out which vehicle you are bringing??  Are you bringing the Harley and trailer or do you need accommodations??

Jim if you are reading this are you going to get here Monday night and do you know what you are driving?

I'm trying to figure out how we are all going to get out to Lewis Lodge on Tuesday.  I can get everyone in the Jeep for the last couple miles.  If we have to we can take the Buick, so something will work out.

C you guys soon,

Sum

river1

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Jim if you are reading this are you going to get here Monday night and do you know what you are driving?

I'm trying to figure out how we are all going to get out to Lewis Lodge on Tuesday.  I can get everyone in the Jeep for the last couple miles.  If we have to we can take the Buick, so something will work out.

C you guys soon,

Sum

i'll be there mon nite :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

i'll be driving a rental AGAIN :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

should be a dodge magnum :D

see you in a week :)  :D  :)  :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "river1"i'll be there mon nite :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

later jim

Sorry to hear you didn't get the car done in time for your trip :cry: , but it will be fun driving the Magnum out to Lewis Lodge 8) .

Did you want to stay at the house??  The sunroom (no sun till 7 am and you will have to be up by then anyway :wink: ) is yours if you want it.

c ya in a week,

Sum

river1

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "river1"i'll be there mon nite :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

later jim

Sorry to hear you didn't get the car done in time for your trip :cry: , but it will be fun driving the Magnum out to Lewis Lodge 8) .

Did you want to stay at the house??  The sunroom (no sun till 7 am and you will have to be up by then anyway :wink: ) is yours if you want it.

c ya in a week,

Sum

i think the hotel will be getting my business again this year. something about sleeping in a SUNroom just doesn't compute in my head :D

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Ken and I are packed for departure via Louisville tomorrow morning.

We'll probably run 70 as far as western Kansas and then drop off onto the tlbt across southern Colorado. But that could change as easily as missing the next exit. However, the plan is to be in Blanding Monday night.

John, what are your travel plans? Maybe we can intercept you and Hooley if you aren't going Warp 9.

We'll keep in touch.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Are we all camping at Bob's private motel in Wendover this year?  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

purplepickup

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Hey George, which way do you come to my place from L'ville???

Also did you ever figure out which vehicle you are bringing??  Are you bringing the Harley and trailer or do you need accommodations??

Sum
I'd planned the St. Louis. Kansas, Colo, Moab route if I come from Louisville.  I say "IF" because my neighbor's shop was broken into Saturday night and he lost over 10K worth of stuff....and still counting.  It's the second break-in in the last month.  

I'm going to frantically be installing window bars and reinforcing doors and jambs this week.  I saw the way his doors split wide open so I'm going to plate both sides of mine.  I'm making some plans right now to have some pieces laser cut so that I can sandwich the door between plates at the lock/deadbolt and hinge areas.  That might cut into the Louisville part of my vacation but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I can take care of that before I leave.

I'm not bringing a trailer or harley but I am bringing the pit bike I made over the winter.  If the camper is still available I'd be happy in there. :D
George

1FATGMC

Quote from: "river1"
i think the hotel will be getting my business again this year. something about sleeping in a SUNroom just doesn't compute in my head :D

later jim

Well there is the other side of the shop where there are NO WINDOWS at all :wink:  :wink: .

c ya, Sum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Ken and I are packed for departure via Louisville tomorrow morning.

We'll probably run 70 as far as western Kansas and then drop off onto the tlbt across southern Colorado. But that could change as easily as missing the next exit. However, the plan is to be in Blanding Monday night.

John, what are your travel plans? Maybe we can intercept you and Hooley if you aren't going Warp 9.

We'll keep in touch.

Charlie

We are leaving Tuesday at 4 AM in the morning.  We will travel I 40 west through OKC, Amarillo ... and then probably turn north at Galllup to be to Sumners Tuesday evening.  Should we get tired or have trouble we will spend the night somewhere along the way and be to Blanding on Wednesday.

Everyone needs to drive careful and take your time.  The highways are full of idiots.  

Jim drive slow through Indian lands.

Finished up my last little project for the car today.

I want to leave now.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

EMSjunkie

Hey John, sent you a PM.

Ya'all have fun, drive safe, be careful, take pictures.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****