B'ville salt conditions?

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 28, 2006, 08:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

From Landracing.com; Aug 10, 1:59AM

"I had a call from Glen Barrett about 3:00PM PDT. He had just arrived on the salt.

He says the salt is *. It even has the diamond like glitter to it. Just slightly soft but it was warm, as I recall he said 85F, and a slight breeze.

I asked him if he thought it could take the horsepower and his reply was...."It will be perfect by Saturday."

Then he excused him self while he went to change his skidders.

That's all I know folks.

See you there.

FREUD"
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

OFOF

Tom Burkland told us he had walked the course and he is stoked.  He is loading his 500 MPH (potential) streamliner and will be on his way to the salt today.
Don
Don Palfreyman

Elmo Rodge

Hey Don. I'll see you out there this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow mid morning. It's an easy drive now from Salina. Wayno

Carps

Quote from: "OFOF"Tom Burkland told us he had walked the course and he is stoked.  He is loading his 500 MPH (potential) streamliner and will be on his way to the salt today.
Don
Please tell him he can't go that fst until next year.  I want to be there to see that happen.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Rayvyn

Some first day photos are up on the SCTA webpage. Click on "Speedweek".
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Fat Cat

Talked to enjenjo a little while ago. He said that Hooley went for a spin today at about 200MPH. He is fine, car is fine.

slocrow

Quote from: "Fat Cat"Talked to enjenjo a little while ago. He said that Hooley went for a spin today at about 200MPH. He is fine, car is fine.
10 To 15 mph crosswinds won't make it any easier today. At least the salt apparently missed the rain and hail that Salt Lake City got within the last 24.............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Crosley.In.AZ

Spin?

I guess that means they did not get the weight and pressure points correct?  

Sumner has tried to explain that stuff to me
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

DRD57

I was there Friday - Monday. The salt was in better shape than I've ever seen it before, the weather was clear, and there were more entires than I've ever seen before. It was a great time.

Crosley.In.AZ

well dammit..... I picked the wrong year to not go .

oh well ,,, the grand kids that are in the oven are doing well. should be born in late december
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Crosley"well dammit..... I picked the wrong year to not go .

oh well ,,, the grand kids that are in the oven are doing well. should be born in late december

Congrats Gramps!!!!!

I'm expecting my first Granddaughter the end of Dec. first of Jan. myself 8)  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "OFOF"Tom Burkland told us he had walked the course and he is stoked.  He is loading his 500 MPH (potential) streamliner and will be on his way to the salt today.
Don
Please tell him he can't go that fst until next year.  I want to be there to see that happen.   :wink:

He made a pass at 398 with a 410 exit speed yesterday, and then just loaded it up
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.