AC UNITS

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, July 25, 2006, 11:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I was in contact with Vintique A/C years ago.    

I had received a catalog from them with several separate religious booklets in the package with the catalog.

I sent an email to the company informing them of the booklets and how I felt it was a bad mix to send such items with a street rod catalog on A/C parts.

I received some real odd/off the wall emails from a person claiming to be the owner.  I've never purchased an item from them.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Here's a bit of a story, back in 73 I found a new heat/cool underdash setup and put it in my Model A coupe.

Then late one night in 85 or so, I was out cruising the main drag when one of the heater hoses let go inside under the dash. As it were the heater hoses happened to enter the unit on the drivers side and the spray came out and scalded me on my right leg and belly, before I had a chance to pull over and jump out. Did manage to cut and reroute the hose on the engine and drive to a nearby friends house for water and some vasoline.

Always been a bit wary of incar heater hoses since then.

Then again a year or so later I was driving my 77 Chevy pickup when the heater core let go and fogged up the cab and spewed antifreeze down the passenger side of the carpet. The event managed to also take out the A/C evaporator core at the same time. Fortunately I was still a mechanic enough back then to replace all the parts keep my truck on the road.

Carps

I used to think Hot Rod heating and A/C was for sissies.

Now many years later I love my heated seats more than anything.   :oops:

My experience is that Vintage Air systems blow ice cubes in summer and nice warm air in winter.  Down this neck of the woods the company has the sme rep as it appears to have at home.  I'd suggest these are good signs that say look no further.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

alchevy

My Hot Rod Air unit is blowing cool now! A buddy of mine helped me today and we got it going. It was a nice ride around town and the way home was cool. Went to a cruise night tonight. The a/c will feel very nice on my 11 hour drive to Louisville.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com