Need Pictures: MEL Racing engines

Started by Beep, July 25, 2006, 11:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep

All out full racing engines, hot rod engines, rat rod engines, incomplete ones,,,any and all. I know that there out there. Lets see em. 383 merc's, 410 Edsels, 430 and 462 Lincs,,,all of em.

Beep

* fella's...aint nobody got none? Back in the "good old days" there were plenty of em running at the drags and in the boats. Hmmm, maybe i'm actually all alone in here,,,out in the darness of MEL land,,,where the boogy men are at work (those being sbc dudes of course)..LOL. For sure somebody gotta have some.

Sean

[quote * fella's...aint nobody got none? Back in the "good old days" there were plenty of em running at the drags and in the boats. Hmmm, maybe i'm actually all alone in here,,,out in the darness of MEL land,,,where the boogy men are at work (those being sbc dudes of course)..LOL. For sure somebody gotta have some.[/quote]

Never heard of 'em. I had to look it up on Wikipedia just to see what MEL meant...

parklane

Quote from: "Sean"[quote * fella's...aint nobody got none? Back in the "good old days" there were plenty of em running at the drags and in the boats. Hmmm, maybe i'm actually all alone in here,,,out in the darness of MEL land,,,where the boogy men are at work (those being sbc dudes of course)..LOL. For sure somebody gotta have some.

Never heard of 'em. I had to look it up on Wikipedia just to see what MEL meant...[/quote]

AH, these young pups don't know what it was like in the good old days :wink:  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

John :D
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Beep

Yep,,,in the good ol days, there were race cars running true Pontiacs, Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Cadilacs, Desotos, Packards, Studebakers, Lincolns, Mercury's, even Edsels, Plymouths, and others besides the sbc and the hemi. These were not "Corporate" engines either. These were true Pony's, nailheads, FE's, 394's, 292's, 312's, 331's, 354's, wedge head engines (the MEL series and the 348/409 Chevy's) and yes, a bazillion flatheads. *,,,I sure miss those days.

EMSjunkie

I tried running an Olds 350 in my first stock car........kept spinnin' rod and main bearings  :x

it didn't like running 6000 rpm :(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****