Americruise Roll Call

Started by 40, July 23, 2006, 11:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WOW!! It's less than a week away....The Summer has really flown by for me! Just wondering who's planning to attend?Sounds like a very fun but HOT weekend! The weather has been horrible the past few weeks with temps nearing 100 every day,very high humidity,VERY little wind and NO rain! I am planning to arrive in Lincoln early Friday morning and will stay thru Sunday afternoon.I'll be staying at the Super 8 just West of the Fairgrounds on Cornhusker.I hope to be driving the Black 36 Coupe....I've finally gotten a couple hundred miles on it,have all of the leaks dammed up and most of the other little gremlins exorcised but still have a VERY ANNOYING little squeak in the front suspension on the passenger side.I believe it is a tie rod end or A-arm bushing but so far,have been unable to silence it! It sounds like someone bouncing on an old squeaky bed spring.If I don't get the mystery solved,I'll probably just drive the old standby Yellow 40.So....Sound off!.......Let us know who's coming,what you'll be driving and where you'll be staying!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

EMSjunkie

I was planning on the trip, however, some things beyond my control have occured, and I have to bow out :(

However, there is always next year. 8)

by the way, did you ever find an oil pan for your T/A?
my buddy never called me back, and tomslik found on on E-bay. if you saw his post. :?

have fun, take lotsa pictures.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

34ford

Plan on being there on Saturday and Sunday and maybe Friday afternoon if I can get off early. Don't have the coupe put back together so I will be on foot. Just run out of steam working on the car all weekend and nights and know it won't be ready. Have a full time job :cry:  so it cuts into the car building time now. Been working on it 8 years now so why rush it at the end.

Vance, Sorry we won't get to meet you.  :(

Here's what it looked like on July 5th.

EMSjunkie

Killer yellow Bro 8)  :D

I'm sorry I can't make it this time  :x   but some unforseen circumstances beyond my control came up, and need tended to. :evil:

see ya'all next time

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... Yellow paint.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Vance....I was really looking forward to meeting you....I certainly understand how life has a habit of getting in the way!We'll hook up somewhere down the trail!
Bob....Sorry to hear you won't have the car finished but as you said,no need to rush at this point.I would love to see it....perhaps I can swing by and drool on it a bit if you have time.We should probably set up a time and place for anyone who's interested to meet.....perhaps we could get together for lunch on Saturday??Dinner Saturday night??

btrc

I'll be there Friday afternoon to Sat night for sure, maybe Sunday too.  Too bad you can't make it Vance, but there will be another time.  Bob, I'm trying to remember if we knew your car was going to be yellow when we saw it in February.  I like yellow.
See you there,

Bob
Bob

Elmo Rodge

The Western contingent is supposed to stay over in my "new" home town of Salina, Utah tonight. I'll at least drive over in the '36 and gawk. Wayno

rumrumm

I'll be arriving Thursday and will be there Friday and Saturday.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Okiedokie

I will be there. 41woodie and myself will arrive Thursday eve. Looking forward to the first "long trip" in my 53 F100, 41woodie will be driving his new 40 pickup.

Is anyone bringing a canopy to the Fairgrounds? It would be nice to have one set up as a gathering point and for the shade.I have a 10X10 easy up but it will not fit in the coupe trunk.....There is barely enough room for a chair,small cooler and a small overnight bag of clothes! I finally got the mysterious squeak taken care of  :D so will most likely have it there though I could drive the wifes 55 to accommodate the canopy.I may also slide the coupe up on my roll back and tote it down....plenty of room for everything then.Please reply if someone else is bringing one and is willing to share!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"I am planning to arrive in Lincoln early Friday morning and will stay thru Sunday afternoon.I'll be staying at the Super 8 just West of the Fairgrounds on Cornhusker.!

Hey bud, ya think you could make it to the post office before you leave Sioux City?  :roll:  Or perhaps they might have a post office in Lincoln???? :wink: Unless of course your planning on coming to L'ville NEXT weekend. 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Hi Young Lady! I apologize and beg for forgiveness.......I have been EXTREMELY busy and while that is not a very good excuse,it's the best I can come up with! I will DEFINITELY bring your package and the license plates to Louisville and personally deliver them to you.....IF you promise not to kick me too hard :shock: Look forward to seeing you in a week or so!

Okiedokie

40, we will have a canopy with us and set up if we can manage to be somewhere we can. Look for my Maroon 53 f100, a black 40 pickup with orange wheels and a copper/black 37 Ford convert. Stop in and cool off wether we are there or not. That goes for anyone. Joe

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"IF you promise not to kick me too hard :shock: Look forward to seeing you in a week or so!

You know me better then that....I'll probley just hug ya and squeese the living * outta ya like normal. :wink:

You guys have a good time in Lincoln.  Take a post lots'o'photos for us folks back home.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.