Americruise Roll Call

Started by 40, July 23, 2006, 11:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

Anita and I will be there Saturday AM. Look foward to see everyone. No pop up Daryle.

Denise are you mailing yourself :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Mikej"
Denise are you mailing yourself :lol:

Daryle would probley stamp "return to sender" on me if I did. :lol:

But to answer your question, nope, Daryle's going to be my personal mail carrier and deliver my "package" to me in person. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Since nobody stepped up with a better suggestion.....How about if we meet Saturday at 12 noon inside the exhibit building.I beleive that is the only building with A/C and they also have a small dining area in the rear if we want to grab a bite of lunch.See ya there! I will be driving my black 36 Coupe.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Quote from: "40"I will be driving my black 36 Coupe.

i wont be there but MAN is that sweet!!!!!!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

34ford

Daryle,

Saturday sounds good to me. There is a weekly cruise in at the culvers on friday night at 70th and Pioneers. If you come out to that it will be about a mile from my place. We have a commitement on saturday night so that won't work. Saturday is also the Speedway ice cream social and the museum tour. I'll pm you my cell #

bob

Thanks Jim.....It seems everything I do car related is either in the Midwest or farther East! I have to plan a trip to one of the events out West so I can meet some of you Westerners!

river1

Quote from: "40"Thanks Jim.....It seems everything I do car related is either in the Midwest or farther East! I have to plan a trip to one of the events out West so I can meet some of you Westerners!

you should come out for the scottsdale goodguys. temps in mid nov are anywhere from the high 70s (BRRRRRR) to the mid 90s.

i have two extra bedrooms open to any RRTer that needs one

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Man was it HOT!! Temps were 100+ each day and nearly matched by the humidity!......Thank goodness there was a bit of a breeze! My suggestion for a Saturday meeting point was sure a bust.....the only building with A/C and they were using it for roller skating practice......someone sure had their head up their butt on that one :roll: Spent the day Saturday visiting with MikeJ and his wife Anita,Bob(BTRC) and Lynn(Rumrum).Looked for others from the RRT but never hooked up.Also ran into Bob(34Ford) and his wife at the Cruise-In Friday night at Culvers and Tom(36Vicky) stopped by for a brief visit.I arrived Friday mid-morning and was very disappointed at the quantity and quality of the cars but Saturday was MUCH better in both areas.....The show seemed very unorganized for an event of that caliber,vendors were almost non-existent.....not sure if the turnout was enough to bring them back to Lincoln or not.The ice cream social and the museum tour put on by "Speedy" Bill was most definitely the high-lite of the entire weekend! First time out of town for the 36,Bob and I cruised down "O" street Saturday night in some pretty heavy and slow,stop and go traffic and although the temp gauge read a bit higher than I like,It ran well and didn't puke.I am running a mechanical fan and may have to add a shroud....while moving the temp was perfect but when stopped I believe the fan is pulling the majority of the air around the radiator instead of thru it.I did manage to break the side glass in the passenger door Saturday night,I removed the glass tonight and realized the regulator was binding up.I've got it apart soaking in the tank.I suspect the bound regulator may have chipped the glass and caused the break.Hopefully,I can repair the regulator,get the new glass cut and installed and have it back together and ready to go by Tuesday night so I can head to Kentucky!It was great to see everyone and sorry I missed the others that attended.After breaking the window Saturday night,I decided to head home Sunday morning......Anybody stay to see what was selected as the "Top 20" ???

btrc

I headed home Sunday morning too.  Stopped a few times to look at Balers and Tractors for sale.  It was hot in Lincoln but hotter at home when I got there.  106 deg.  Overall I thought it was a nice weekend visiting Mike J, Anita and Lynn on Saturday and seeing Bob and Tom and there wives too.  The open house at the museum was an added plus, no question about it.

Bob
Bob

Bob......It said 108 on the bank when I got home! Are you sure all that heat hasn't caused some type of illness that would cause a guy to miss a few days at work??I understand the cure for whatever you may have gotten is a trip to Louisville  :lol: .....that's what I heard anyway!Stay Cool!

34ford

Daryle,

Check out the rod and custom web site. It has a pic of you car. The top custom was the black corvette of gary kuck and the rod was the yellow 34 high boy I think from looking at the picture of the owner on the site.

bob

here's the home page to click on the americruise information

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/

here's the page with your car on it if it  loads  
http://preview.rodandcustommagazine.com/eventcoverage/0607rc_americruise_sunday/index.html

Sure wish I would have stayed for the "Miss Americruise" contest!  :P

Okiedokie

Well, it sure was not an NSRA or Goodguys quality production. Some local rod runs are better produced. Friday was certainly down in attendance, but allowed for easier manuvering around the grounds on foot. The good breeze and plenty of shade made the temp more bearable. We never set up the canopy because there was no need. Having it in the bed of my truck helped smooth the ride. lol. Don't know who the winners all were [ left Sunday am also], however one of our group won "Best Paint and Graphics" with his black and copper 37 Ford Conv [Downs], and the black corvette won "Custom Rod" [not sure of title]. It is a killer vette, although the black 55/56 T Bird was just as neat IMO.  Almost 1000 miles roundtrip for my 53 F100's  first road trial, had minor power window problem, and slight charging problem. Great trip with good friends and more memories. Does not get any better, except when it is 80 degrees maybe. Saw the 36 40, very nice. Could not figure out where you might have been, it was sitting over by the Beer and Shrimp place. Hope my black 40 can be as pleasing to the eye. Joe

Joe....Sorry we didn't catch up with each other!Perhaps our paths will cross again somewhere down the road.Glad your trip went well!

41woodie

Will add to the discussion of Americruise that although the promoters were obviously trying to do it on the cheap, the driving events were a real plus.  In addition to the events being open to all, the competitors for the BIG prizes were required to put the car through their paces on the "track".  Allows well-built good-handling cars to rack up points for what they are supposed to be.....cars.