todays work

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 22, 2006, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Last week I was looking over my 51 Crosley as it sits in my shop.  Suddenly a Vance ( bright light) struck me. I need a bench right here along the wall.

So today I bought some lumber and got some of the work finished. It was a bit hot out side to cut the wood . I will start earlier on sunday.

Bench will have a metal top with 3/4 ( 23/32) plywood under the metal & 3/4 on the shielf below the bench top.

this is a start on some items I want to change in the shop.

Jim Rivers came by & picked up his caddy tranny....
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

I knew I was good for sumpthin' :lol:

pretty handy with the saw and nails the Tony, looks pretty sturdy, should be able to put the Crosley up there and have plenty of room to work on it :shock:  :wink:  :lol:

I thought you Arizona boys were used to a little warm spell :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

blksheep

Nice work, Tony. You da man...............

Me??  Torches, plasma cutters and welders,.......yes.
Wood, hammers, hand saws and nails,................no.
Don't likeum, don't like sawdust and ain't gonna useum. Period.

A man's gotta know his limitations. I surrender to wood.

blksheep....Termites ain't interested in steel....in Charlotte

donsrods

Is that 110 degrees?????  Geez,  I thought Florida was bad.

Like your work bench idea.  I tore mine apart a while ago because it ended up being a catch all for everything.  I would walk by and put something on it, then something else would find it's way there. Pretty soon I had no room to actually do any work on it. So I have mounted my grinder and vice and stuff on pedestals around the shop. Hard to stack stuff on pedestals.

But if you can keep them clean a bench is nice to have. Now you gotta get yourself a nice tall stool with a backrest. Makes the bench a whole lot more enjoyable to use.

Don

Roadstar

Quote from: "donsrods"Is that 110 degrees?????  Geez,  I thought Florida was bad.Don

Yeah but it's a "Dry" heat  :lol:

tomslik

Quote from: "donsrods"Is that 110 degrees?????  Geez,  I thought Florida was bad.

Like your work bench idea.  I tore mine apart a while ago because it ended up being a catch all for everything.  I would walk by and put something on it, then something else would find it's way there. Pretty soon I had no room to actually do any work on it. So I have mounted my grinder and vice and stuff on pedestals around the shop. Hard to stack stuff on pedestals.

But if you can keep them clean a bench is nice to have. Now you gotta get yourself a nice tall stool with a backrest. Makes the bench a whole lot more enjoyable to use.

Don

never,never,never have anything with a flat top in your shop!
i pile stuff on my welder!

hey cros, went for a ride (bike) up to cheyenne yesterday and walked thru this old guys junkyard, stumbled across 2 more crosleys (and a whole bunch of other oddball stull)
sorry, no pics :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

donsrods

Yeah but it's a "Dry" heat Laughing

Yep, and so it an oven. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

WZ JUNK

Looks a little weak to me.  Needs some reinforcement.   :)   Top needs to be at a 45 degree angle to keep things from accumulating there.  Good job.  Just do not call me if you decide to move to another place.

Hope to see you in a couple of weeks.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

I do have trouble keeping a bench / flat surface clean as t-slik says.

today I will work in the shade outside cuttin the plywood, finish up the project.

working with wood was my first passion in 8th grade.... then i got a motorcycle , then an Isetta, then a 62 Chevy
Tony

"should be able to put the Crosley up there and have plenty of room to work on it "......It certainly looks stout enough! I have built dozens of work benches......seems every home we build lately,the homeowner wants a workbench in the garage.Some of the designs/ideas they come up with are,shall we say,very unique  :roll: I don't have any permanent benches in my shop......a couple of saw horses and a piece of 1" plywood works pretty well.It was 107 here last week and it ISN'T a dry heat!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Quote from: "Roadstar"
Quote from: "donsrods"Is that 110 degrees?????  Geez,  I thought Florida was bad.Don

Yeah but it's a "Dry" heat  :lol:

it's like the dry heaves, they both blow.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

reason for the beefy bench....... a few diff center chunks laying there now.

Next weekend I will add the metal top and call it done

Tony