woodward dream cruise

Started by Dave, July 20, 2006, 06:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

My sister came over and spent the day today and we got talking bout the dream cruise. Seems she lives right on woodward (dont ask me how I didnt know this) and were welcome to come to her place and watch the cruise. I may drive the 32 down a couple days before and hang out with her with the truck or sues car for the saturday criuse night. She is just south of pontiac so it should be cool. She is at woodward and hickory grove . Anyone know this location ?
Dave

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "N8DC"My sister came over and spent the day today and we got talking bout the dream cruise. Seems she lives right on woodward (dont ask me how I didnt know this) and were welcome to come to her place and watch the cruise. I may drive the 32 down a couple days before and hang out with her with the truck or sues car for the saturday criuse night. She is just south of pontiac so it should be cool. She is at woodward and hickory grove . Anyone know this location ?
Dave

are you inviting us?  I can find it if so, lol  :lol:  :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
Quote from: "N8DC"My sister came over and spent the day today and we got talking bout the dream cruise. Seems she lives right on woodward (dont ask me how I didnt know this) and were welcome to come to her place and watch the cruise. I may drive the 32 down a couple days before and hang out with her with the truck or sues car for the saturday criuse night. She is just south of pontiac so it should be cool. She is at woodward and hickory grove . Anyone know this location ?
Dave

Lemme see how much parking my sister has available Deb We have to take a lawn chair and walk to the street but she says its no problem plenty of room to sit and watch.
Dave

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "N8DC"
Dave

Lemme see how much parking my sister has available Deb We have to take a lawn chair and walk to the street but she says its no problem plenty of room to sit and watch.
Dave
awe!! thanks Dave, but I was just teasing!! I don't think I can talk Rob into it again! we tried it twice and he hated all the traffic. But Thanks!!  :lol:

Dave

Dave

Dave
awe!! thanks Dave, but I was just teasing!! I don't think I can talk Rob into it again! we tried it twice and he hated all the traffic. But Thanks!!  :lol:

Well ive never been there snd seeing thst my sister has easy access were going to try it this year but the coupe stays home .
Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

Well ive never been there and seeing that my sister has easy access were going to try it this year but the coupe stays home .
Dave

purplepickup

I've done the Saturday of Dream Cruise a few times and the real heavy cruising is mostly from Ferndale to Berkley.  Royal Oak is right in the heat of things (12 mile Rd to 14 Mile).  Hickory Grove is a little north of Bloomfield Hills.  That's out where there's less traffic and you can get moving to cool your car off.  Most cars that like to stay in the action part of the cruise (more like a MAJOR traffic jam) turn around in Bloomfield Hills and head back south.  You'll see some cars out there but if you really want to see most of the activities you should go down around 12 or 13 mile road.  GM and other companies have their display areas set up down there and there are millions of people.....but you probably won't find a parking place.  It's a spectacle worth seeing at least once.

Have fun! :D
George

Aaron51Chevy

I live about 5 miles from Hickory Grove and Woodward.  Purple is right, that is a sparse area, most cars will be north or south.  Pontiac is actually a pretty cool place to go for the cruise.  Woodward does the Loop in Pontiac (north looping back south), and in the middle is a car show.  We usually park somewhere along square lake and woodward and just walk around all day.  Not as busy as bloomfield south but still a bunch of cars.
\"It\'s not really yours unless you build it\"

Dave

Quote from: "Aaron51Chevy"I live about 5 miles from Hickory Grove and Woodward.  Purple is right, that is a sparse area, most cars will be north or south.  Pontiac is actually a pretty cool place to go for the cruise.  Woodward does the Loop in Pontiac (north looping back south), and in the middle is a car show.  We usually park somewhere along square lake and woodward and just walk around all day.  Not as busy as bloomfield south but still a bunch of cars.

Well if we decide to go we will have to make a decision on where we want to try and park but im not planning on bringing the 32 on saturday so that may create a problem finding a place to park and look at the cars although my sister said there are shuttles too.
Dave
ps: hey george ive got 3 more weeks then ill prolly have to go back to work so if you get a chance run on over. Ill be gone this weekend though.

purplepickup

ps: hey george ive got 3 more weeks then ill prolly have to go back to work so if you get a chance run on over. Ill be gone this weekend though.
Sounds like the recovery is going good :D   I'll ride my bike over a night next week after work and say hey.

Speaking of your work.....I was over in Chelsea today across the street from your work, at the gear shop.  Looks like they're getting along without ya :lol:
George

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"Looks like they're getting along without ya :lol:

yea everytime someone at work feels like spouting their importance to the company, i remind them that the last time they took a vacation i STILL got newspaper on my driveway. :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.