so i bought this mustang at an auction last friday....

Started by tomslik, July 18, 2006, 08:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

for the 8" under it, finally get around to looking underneath from the trans side of things and......

no *' 3rd member!

note to self; look at BOTH sides of a rear end....

geez.......D.A. attack, i guess.. :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

man that sure is a serious DA ataack!!

:arrow:  :lol:  :shock:  :?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"man that sure is a serious DA ataack!!

ya DON'T have to agree with me!

btw, chk yer e-mail....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

Before I started on the 53 chevy, I had a mustang gt 5.0 and a aod in the shed. I had no pulleys or waterpump for it. I knew someone that had a 80 Mercury monarch sitting in the drive, unmoved for a year. I thought that I had looked under the hood one day and seen a 302. I end up buying this car, figuring that it had an 8" rear and the afore mentioned items I needed to install the 5.0 in the truck. I pay the person, tow it home and proceed to disassemble. I find a 250 six cylinder, no useable pulleys and a small bearing large tube 9" rear end. The housing outer bearings were 2.875". I thought all the housings were at least 3" all the way to the backing plate. As it was, I used so much stuff that it was a god send. I bought 2 more junkers before I got enough pulleys and brackets to put a serpentine drive on. DA is very common.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"man that sure is a serious DA ataack!!

ya DON'T have to agree with me!

btw, chk yer e-mail....

check yer own email.

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

blksheep

It takes a noble man and one of stable fiber to admit a mistake of such magnitude to his peers.

Albeit, a DA.

blksheep...I cast no stone, for I have ridden that horse myself...in Charlotte

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"for the 8" under it, finally get around to looking underneath from the trans side of things and......

no *' 3rd member!

note to self; look at BOTH sides of a rear end....

geez.......D.A. attack, i guess.. :roll:

ive  got a 2:79 third member for an 8 inch in the shed if you want it. Pay the shipping and its yours. Im pretty sure ive got a 5 gallon bucket with a lid to ship it too.

Dave