Americruise Eats

Started by 41woodie, July 18, 2006, 10:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41woodie

Any of you folks who have been to Lincoln recommend good restaurants.  Particularly BBQ. Thnx

48builder

Quote from: "41woodie"Any of you folks who have been to Lincoln recommend good restaurants.  Particularly BBQ. Thnx

I'm sure 40 will chime in here, but when my wife and I were there a couple months ago we had some great sandwhiches at a place downtown that had "witches" in the name of it. Then had a great steak at a place down in the old market area. I'll see if I can round up the name of the place. It is a brew pub and has some great beers.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

RodNebraska

Visit our website at www.lincoln.org and click on Visitor Information for more about our restaurants in Lincoln.    Bison Witches is the name of the sandwich shop in Downtown Lincoln at 1320 P St.    Beware the meter parking in the Downtown area.

For Barbeque:

Skeeter Barnes @ 5800 S. 58th (58th and Old Cheney)
Famous Daves @ 27th and Pine Lake Rd.

Pauls BBQ @ 4000 A St. (Located in the Ernie's Total Gas Station)  This is my personal favorite!   Hours vary and does not have inside seating.   Drive up, pick up and go in true rodder fashion!

WE ARE UP 300 pre-registered cars from the last time Americruise hit Lincoln....THIS IS GONNA BE BIG!!!

Enjoy your stay in Lincoln and we hope to see ya'll next weekend! 8)

DrJ

My Bro usta live in Lincoln, about a  block south of the Chevy dealer at the East end of town.
When we visited, if we went out it seems most of the places we went to were around near the University.
West of it actually, between the U and the Capital.
There was one place with BBQ and sandwiches that was in a really old (for Lincoln) building with a mural on the outside at the parking lot and good, reasonable foor inside.
Sorry, I don't remember the name, but maybe a local can ID the one I'm talking about.
If you're into neat stuff other than rods, the University Art Museum is well worth a tour.

I travel to Lincoln frequently in the Fall to attend the Husker football games.I am really more of a steak and baked potato guy than BBQ....you can certainly tell by looking at me....but I do enjoy a good rack of ribs!We usually eat at a steak house East of the Fairgrounds just off Cornhusker....I belive it's called "The Steakhouse".We also occasionally eat at "Lonestar" or "Outback".I have eaten at the "Famous Daves"in Lincoln a couple of times and although it's certainly not the best BBQ I've ever eaten,it is very consistent with the other Famous Daves around the country.Hope to see everyone in a few days!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"