good movie

Started by papastoyss, July 15, 2006, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Took the grandkids & went to see movie CARS. What a hoot! Larry the cable guy is a perfect fit as the voice of the wrecker. The Route 66 stuff is great, esp if you have driven it. I didn't know Cheech Marin was such a great painter! If you go, watch the credits, the list of people who did the voices is amazing, even Mario Andretti. :lol:
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

58 Yeoman

i saw it too; hope it comes out on dvd.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

alchevy

I saw it a few weeks ago and thought it was a great movie also.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

docchevy

I took one of my grand daughters to see it.  She loved it!  I thought it was great but the humor was pretty adult!
Remember; Physics explains everything!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "docchevy"I took one of my grand daughters to see it.  She loved it!  I thought it was great but the humor was pretty adult!

Hey Johnny!!!!

where ya been??

did ya sell the bullit?

E-mail or PM me.  :)

glad to see your still  kickin'  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Gilles

Great film, 59 caddy rear fenders as mountains and air filter as top of the drive-in, funny things! French voices with the french versions so no Mario Andretti voice.

Gilles :D  :D

Sean

I haven't seen "Cars" yet. I did watch "Worlds Fastest Indian" last night though, and its excellent. My wife even liked it. The DVD has a documentary featuring the real Burt Munro, filmed sometime in the 70's by the look of it.

richard 36dodge

I loved CARS. I really likes the Bugs that were little VWs.
I loved the movie" The worlds Fastest Indian". I have it on DVD.
The best part about the DVD is the interview with the REAL Burt Munro.
It is called a Bonus Film : The original Documentary (1971).
"Offerings to the God of Speed"  
Rick Harris

Carnut

One of the stars of CARS was in town recently, Ben E. Tow'r, and I was able to get a pic with him.