32 Roadster Project

Started by MikeC, April 06, 2004, 08:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeC

Ok guys, I have been around here a long time and have one of those questions that when I read I usually think to myself, "How is it possible for anyone to offer any informed advice." Well here goes...
I am building my 39 Chevy 2-door sedan and am getting close. Today I was offered a "give-it-up" project. A 32 Ford roadster. Steel, original. New frame, forged tube axel, disc/drum, 9" rear, new *' floors and firewall, small block mounts, deck converted from rumble seat, SS brake lines, new Vega steering & MC, body work done, painted in Black urathane, titled, no motor or trans, no wheels or tires. All original, grill, hood, dash, etc., high boy. Needs to be put together, electrical, engine & trans, wheels and tires. $17,500.
What do you think? My wife will go ape but I don't think she will leave me.

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bib_Overalls

Sounds like a very good deal.  I'd borrow money to buy it if it really has an original body.  Even if you do not build it you should be able to turn a profit if you resell it.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

47wood

A nice steel body ...you'd probably kick yourself later wondering "what if" if you pass that up.  The wife should appreciate you recognizing an "investment" like that.  Go for it! :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Charlie Chops 1940

As one who has accumulated all, well almost all, of the parts to do a '32 highboy, I'd leap at that puppy without ever looking back.

Tell us you own it!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Phat

Around here it would not be sitting to long even if it was a glass one for that money.  Sounds like you found yourself a deal...........
Old racers go in deep and come out hard

Roadstar

It sounds like a real good deal to me. I'd be getting it :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Your lovely wife Lorretta will understand the need for the next project and once she sees how much fun a roadster is, I think she'll like it more then the '39.  The ONLY drawback I can see her mentioning is the lack of room to store it till your ready to start on it.  But I'm sure you have a buddy or two that has little space in their garage that you can borrow for a bit.  Good luck.  :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.