Nuther chunk of metal

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 15, 2006, 09:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

did I mention I bought another pile of metal?

complete body only....... no chassis
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

blksheep

"hood is in the bed".

Crosley,..........

That ain't no bed,...
That's a crib.  

blksheep... :lol: ...in Charlotte

That truck is KOOOOL!! You must plan on living forever to complete all those projects!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

donsrods

Crosley:  I mentioned before that I owned a couple of Crosleys when I was a kid, but I always wanted the pickup. They are just plain cool.

Do you know what the production figures were for the various Crosley models?  I suspect maybe with the exception of the Hot Shot, that the pickup would be the lowest number made???

What are your plans for this one, restoration or rod?

Don

C9

Cool, but it looks like you could have left the car trailer home and just flung the little truck into the bed of the big truck....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Grandadeo

That picture reminds me of my last trip to the loovul Nats, the year they gave the 25th anniversary Willys coupe away.  Anyway we drove up with the family car towing an empty utility trailer, don't even remember why now.  We were going to visit my outlaws in Buflo after the nats.  There was a Crosley, wagon I think, in the swap meet.  Body only as I remember, that by the end of the meet was down to 100 or 200 dollars.  Man I wanted to bring it home so bad, but.  And you know the rest of the story.  Wonder what ever happened to that one.  By the way, I also always wondered what ever happened to  Dave Lukkari's Ardun powered, model A fendered Crosley from way back when.  Talked with him this June out at the High Desert Roadster run.  He still has it, but the engine of course is in his model A roadster.  Here's a link to his Crosley.

http://autohobbypage.com/cgi-bin/image.pl?/photo/other/ardun2.jpg

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"did I mention I bought another pile of metal?

complete body only....... no chassis

well, i may have one-upped ya.
i have 2 mgtd tubs sitting here (the best stuff of the two go to washington for one of the guys on the HAMB)
so i get the leftovers

and i bought a 68 mustang parts car last night....

(i'll * the neighbors off yet) :lol:

so, i take it i don't have to go after the one in denver for ya?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quoteso, i take it i don't have to go after the one in denver for ya?

too many Crosleys in AZ for me to chase down , than buy them on ebay.... yet.

:lol:  :lol:  :shock:  :?

I have plans for the Crosley truck, no comment though.  2 people know my plans besides me and I'm married to one of them.

:wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"I have plans for the Crosley truck, no comment though.  2 people know my plans besides me and I'm married to one of them.

:wink:  :wink:
It ain't got something to do with that big flat spot in NW Utah does it?  :0-0
George

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"I have plans for the Crosley truck, no comment though.  2 people know my plans besides me and I'm married to one of them.

WOW i'm in rarified company! i'm honored!!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"

later jim

Tony when did you marry Jim? Does Janice know about this yet?

purplepickup

later jim
Ahhh!....Now we know who to torture to find out what Tony's up to :twisted:
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"

later jim
Ahhh!....Now we know who to torture to find out what Tony's up to :twisted:

Isn't being married to Tony torture enough. What does the man have to do to catch a break?

tomslik

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

later jim

Tony when did you marry Jim? Does Janice know about this yet?

well, he HAS been wanting a bisexual to ride around on....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list