One more video

Started by donsrods, June 29, 2006, 06:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

I posted this on another forum, and thought maybe some on here would enjoy it too.  My Son sent it to me. He finds these on the internet somehow.

Turn up your speakers real loud and hang on.

Don

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC8OmisBikg

EMSjunkie

BAD!!!!!!

I felt the launch 8)

kudos to the kid for hooking you up with that link :)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Cool! 8)

If you go by the clock on the video, he ran around 9 or 10 seconds.  Did you notice the front wheel do a wickwack when he turned onto the return lane?
George

blksheep

According to the credits, thats a .60 over 283 on injected alcohol. Probably ran up to bout 8 grand. Notice he's gotta nurse it out to keep from blowin the tires off it.
I'm inspired.
Dam, I wish I hadn't seen that.

blksheep...directly injected...in Charlotte

Olderndirt2

Quote from: "purplepickup"Cool! 8)

If you go by the clock on the video, he ran around 9 or 10 seconds.  Did you notice the front wheel do a wickwack when he turned onto the return lane?

Didja notice that it was Sam Strube (SamIYam)?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Olderndirt2"
Didja notice that it was Sam Strube (SamIYam)?
Thanks for mentioning that Whitey.  I hadn't noticed.  That even makes it more cool. 8)

Some newer members here might not know Sam but he has been an RRT member since the '90's.  He hangs out more on the HAMB now.

Here's a picture I took of Sam at the HAMB Drags three years ago.  It's the same car that's in the video with an earlier version of the 283.  He built this fun car on a really low budget.

George

donsrods

The fact that this is a guy and car you know makes it even better.  I've almost blown out my computer speakers playing this video over and over.

Fun ride. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Jbird

That's the track that time forgot. Sacramento Raceway Park, it's about six miles from where I'm sitting. I've been down it a number of times but only a couple of times did I have to take the second return road, once I went through the traps at just under 140 in a VW powered sand rail and once in a 57 VW van that just didn't have enough brakes to pull the bus down from about eighty. That track hasn't changed and barely been maintained since I started going there in the mid sixties. Really cool video, I may have to cruise out there this evening, Wednesday night bracket racing.
   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Dirty31

Too COOL!!!  Looks like some fun,  I cant wait till the Drags