What is this truck worth............

Started by 1FATGMC, June 27, 2006, 02:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

I'm no good at figuring what things are worth so hopefully some of you here can help.

A guy I know here in town wants to sell this '49 F-100.  It is complete and runs and is all original (except for the alternator). I haven't seen it and have no idea what he should ask for it and if he should try and find a restorer or a hot rodder as a potential buyer.

Give me some ball park figures if you can and any comments (be honest -- they won't hurt me as it isn't mine).

Thanks,  Sum

EMSjunkie

I'll start the bidding at $100.00  :lol:  

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

tomslik

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"I'll start the bidding at $100.00  :lol:  

Vance

150 but you gotta deliver it.... :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dirk35

I sold my 51 that was as complete minus the engine for $600 (same I paid for it). I would guess you could probably get $800 on e-bay if you bolted it back together.

348tripower

Quote from: "Dirk35"I sold my 51 that was as complete minus the engine for $600 (same I paid for it). I would guess you could probably get $800 on e-bay if you bolted it back together.

Hell I bought a rusty 48 for 1500 bucks, that one otta be worth a least that if not more.
Don
Don Colliau

Sean

In my area something like that would probably sell for $800 to $1000.

donsrods

In my area something like that would probably sell for $800 to $1000.

My thoughts exactly.

Don

midnight sun

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Give me some ball park figures if you can and any comments (be honest -- they won't hurt me as it isn't mine).

Id say $1200-$1500
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

midnight sun

Sum,

Didnt see ya at Pueblo.  Were ya there and I just didint se ya?

Got in a heck of a hail storm on Sunday afternoon.  Luckily I was only a block away from a car wash so I blasted down there.  Thankfully, no damage.  Couple of them babies were about the size of a golf ball.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

1FATGMC

Quote from: "midnight sun"Sum,

Didnt see ya at Pueblo.  Were ya there and I just didint se ya?

Got in a heck of a hail storm on Sunday afternoon.  Luckily I was only a block away from a car wash so I blasted down there.  Thankfully, no damage.  Couple of them babies were about the size of a golf ball.

I was unable to make it.  Julie lost her youngest son in a car accident in Hawaii the end of May and I needed to stay with her.  She is doing pretty well all things considered, but it is going to take some time.

Hope to make it next year.  Come on over for a visit and spend the night when you get a chance.

c ya, Sum

Ed ke6bnl

I bought one  in worse cond. then that for $1000 no motor or trans., then built it up with modern stuff just bought another with a flatty v8 and little to no rust for $800 but if I were to sell it I was going to ask $2500 in so. calif. or keep it it runs and shifts don't stop.  The prices can vary by area and luck.  Ed ke6bnl
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,

pickmeup

Bill Lee is the man, when it comes to F1's and F100's.
He recently moved from So Cal to Annabelle Utah. Dont know if thats far from you but hia wife has a killer 49 and he can tell you anything about trucks.Havent got his new number but you could try the operater.
Hope that helps! :D

pickmeup

Bill Lee is the man, when it comes to F1's and F100's.
He recently moved from So Cal to Annabelle Utah. Dont know if thats far from you but hia wife has a killer 49 and he can tell you anything about trucks.Havent got his new number but you could try the operater.
Hope that helps! :D

1FATGMC

Thanks for the input guys.  The owner has decided to keep it since he paid $2000 for it and now he is finding out that most people don't think it is worth that.  I told him he would regret selling it later anyway and I was able to sell him the '84 Caprice wagon I had :D , so now he will hot rod it with the 305 and 700R4 out of the wagon.

He does want to try and part out the original drive-train if he can.  He is lives out of town with no elect (110/220)/ and no phone, thus no computer.  Any ideas on how I could point him towards a restorer who might be interested in the drive-train?

c ya, Sum

Fift4fe

He does want to try and part out the original drive-train if he can.  He is lives out of town with no elect (110/220)/ and no phone, thus no computer.  Any ideas on how I could point him towards a restorer who might be interested in the drive-train?

Sum

If you want to help him out you could go to www.Ford-Trucks.com. go to the classifide section, 1948-1960 Ford F Series and post what he wants to sell.  All Ford guys.
Good luck.

Wow-No phone, no electricity, no computer

Dave
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?