Too stupid to live!!!

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, June 25, 2006, 12:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I did the chev 6 fuel pump deal..... I was sititng there cussing the pump , the motor , the fuel lines did not line up.

then I had a small (?) flash of EMS Vance brillance ....... turn'd the pump over and all was goood

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

slocrow

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Thanks for the convenient out - they been roasting me.Charlie
A smart friend once questioned my admittance to some of my short comings through my questions and posted stumblings. I responded by stating that I was comfortable with who I was and believe that reveled ignorance wasn't reveled stupidly and questions are how I learn.

Sometimes you've just got to run it by you're "buddies", who by the way are licensed to take shots, regardless. It's a toughening up process.

Glad you got it started, even with the usual unforeseen problems, that we all new were going to jump up, friend.........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

abonecoupe31

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Mark,

I honestly don't remember the gear ratio...it's on my list to pull the rear cover and count before I put lube in. I'll let you know. If you want to come up for a visit I always have diet Coke or others in the fridge. I'm retired so although time is at a premium I'm available almost any time.

If you are interested in a 153 I have a couple rebuildable cores in various stages of disassembly (spares - ya know?).

George - thanks for bringing up the prior thread.

I'm still messing with things. Think I found the cause of the transition from crappy idle to high rpm. Also found a water leak in that a couple valve cover holes went into the water jacket, Interestingly I found all the bolt holes were helicoiled. I put studs in but then found I couldn't get a socket on the nuts on the pass. side. Back to studs in the two leaky holes and screws in the others. The  valve cover was warped a bit so I did the gasket and heavy silicone bead thing this morning to hopefully cure that. I have a few other little jobs to do so I won't try to fire it again until tomorrow so that the silicone can set up completely.

Just seems to be an unusual amount of tinker work still.

Charlie

Charlie:

During "the college days" my cousin Tommy John picked up for cheap a US Post Office Jeep Dispatcher...it had a Nova engine, I forget if it was a 151 or a 153...Powerglide and a posi type rear end.  I really wanted to get it for one of the Model A's, but he wouldn't sell it to family.  So this was about in '78 or 9 that he got rid of it.  I ended up with a Pinto 2.0 swap....after I put #3 rod thru the side, a stocker 29 engine.   I know that a early Ford trans fits a Nova type engine with a bell housing adapter and the right clutch parts.  I always thought that was a good way to go, but never found an engine to do the deed with.

I'm retired too, disabled, due to a stroke 5 years ago.  I just might set the compass North someday and stop over for a visit.  Right now I'm trying to get some junk "organized" before my girlfriend has her own Model A ford swap meet...

Thanks for the link George....it was good reading...

Mark aka Abonecoupe31

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Seeing how everyone else on here is never wrong, or stupid.
Charlie

Don't feel too bad Charlie. A few years ago, I took a weeks vacation, stopped the mail, got a babysitter for the dog, got a neighbor to park in my driveway and watch my house, and all because I planned to attend a rod show about 800 miles away from home.

Problem is: I went on the wrong week. :?

I ended up staying 2 weeks. It cost me an extra weeks vacation, and took alot of begging and pleading to get the employer and neighbors to extend their favors. And to think I looked at the calendar before I made the arrangements and didn't remember that the show was being moved up a week that year.  :oops:

Capitol DUH... :roll:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Mark, what's going to be in your girlfriends Model A swap?

Bryan, I don't think I would've admitted to that on here. :roll:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Problem is: I went on the wrong week. :?

Does the phrase dee da dee mean anything to you?  :lol:

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"Mark, what's going to be in your girlfriends Model A swap?

Bryan, I don't think I would've admitted to that on here. :roll:

I think there's a few on here that probably knew that already. I'm used to the beatings, whippings and bashings. I figure if'n ya dish it out, yas gotta take it once inna while. Luckily it happened in Myrtle Beach, SC, and not some cold as ice in the morning town like Kalamazoo. Besides, it was an extra week on the beach watching the honeys... :shock:  :D  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

Not familiar with that one... :?

Not to be confused with Da Da Dunt. Da Da Dunt...?
***SFC-Team Smart***

Carps

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Don't feel too bad Charlie. A few years ago, I took a weeks vacation, stopped the mail, got a babysitter for the dog, got a neighbor to park in my driveway and watch my house, and all because I planned to attend a rod show about 800 miles away from home.

See, there's ya problem right there!

Ya had a plan, that never works when it comes to vacation time.   :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Fat Cat"

Cuomo Esta Carlos.  :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Carps"

See, there's ya problem right there!

Ya had a plan, that never works when it comes to vacation time.   :lol:  :lol:

Yeah, yer right. The best ones were the 'fling it and wing it" ones. :)

Just watch out, I may show up on yer doorstep unannounced and explainin' to yer better half how you stated it was okay, because i hadn't planned it... :roll:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

Cuomo Esta Carlos.  :-o

Vance

Eez dat meheekun fer "Mi car is the Blue one"...? :P  

Me no comp ree hendo. :?

I don't speak Texas...   :D
***SFC-Team Smart***