Ok tell what I'm seeing on this engine

Started by 41woodie, June 20, 2006, 08:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inprimer

Quote from: "parklane"the guy wrapped the rag around the shaft so it wouldn't scratch the paint, stuck it between the timing cover and the water pump, hooked the wires up, and took the pic just to get a bunch of folks talkin'.   :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, if that's the case, it worked :wink:  :)([/quote]    Wild stupid guess, maybe a 350 Buick with a Chevy dist and valve covers???

Sean

Where are you guys seeing a Rag? That looks like an aluminum riser to me, with a flange coming off it to attach the hold-down clamp...

And look how far the water pump is from the block. Looks like a aluminum front drive cover that also included the water pump passages so you could use a stock water pump.

Looks to me like the rear dizzy is the one that was left in place to stir conversation. He is using it to drive the oil pump, and just left the cap and wires on it to make people ask questions.

blksheep

I think it's a brillant attempt to scam the curious ones. Got my attention.
Frankly,  that leaking harley, oops, I mean holley carb, is calling for a little of his idle time.
blksheep...directly injected...in Charlotte

phatn40

Quote from: "blksheep"I think it's a brillant attempt to scam the curious ones. Got my attention.
Frankly,  that leaking harley, oops, I mean holley carb, is calling for a little of his idle time.
blksheep...directly injected...in Charlotte

Wonder where the coil wire is going? It doesn't appear to be hooked to anything visable.....