Redneck going out of business?

Started by Daveyboy, June 20, 2006, 08:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Got a email that Redheck is going out of business?  
Tell me its no so?  
Why are sop many places going under???

makes a guy afraid to send money to anyone for a car!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Daveyboy"

I know one place for sure you don't wanna send any money.
its in Florida, Miami I believe.

I won't mention any names, but their initials are "Street Beast".  :evil:

have you looked at Cornhusker stuff? I'm interested to know a little more about them. :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

donsrods

The "unmentioned" place in Miami stuck a lot of people under another name, but I won't mention it, but the intials of it were Classic Motor Carriages.

There are a lot of people out there who got 1/2 of their kits and had to fight for the remainder, if they even got them at all.

I think the reason so many are folding is because fiberglass work is very labor intensive, and it probably costs more every day with wages, insurance, benefits, etc to keep them going.  Plus, it is my understanding resin prices are tied into the petroleum industry, so when gas goes up, so does resin. I have never confirmed that, but I am in the boat business, and I have had people at the factories tell me that.

In the early 80's you couldn't give a boat away, and companies were folding and being bought out left and right. Maybe we are seeing that in the FG car business now.

Don

kb426

I think that the steel bodies have put the hurt on them fiercely. Westcott never used to advertise. Now, they advertise alot but the price of some of their units is double what it used to be. I also think the word of the internet has put some people out of business. Fair or not, bad press can cook you in a heartbeat with world wide access.
TEAM SMART

Leon

A guy in town put one of the street beast kits together and the door gap was 3/4" when the hinges were properly aligned.  The fit on the rest of it was almost as bad.  I think their reputation for quality work helped a little!

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Leon"A guy in town put one of the street beast kits together and the door gap was 3/4" when the hinges were properly aligned.  The fit on the rest of it was almost as bad.  I think their reputation for quality work helped a little!

I found out that the instruction manual isn't really a "manual" after all, but more of a "guide"  :shock:

and the kicker was, the "tech support" dude had NEVER built one of their kits. :x

this will be my third Street Beast, first, last and only :!:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

BFS57

Hello;
I originally wanted to purchase from the before mentioned co. I did a bunch of comparison shopping and ended up purchasing a almost completed car that needed a few "finishing touches". Glad I did!
For the longest time I was following a complete build up of a Street Beast Cabro. by a guy named Joe Santacrose. He had an excellent web site dedicated to the build of his car but mysteriously, that web site disappeared one day and I have not been able to locate it since!
If you ask me, any person that undertakes to start a business these days has their hands full to say the least! What with wages, and high priced properties I have seen companies I never thought would go under, take a nose dive. One such company is Radio Shack. A lot of what they used to carry is no longer available and they are really pushing cell phones and computers anymore! It's a trend I also remember the (I know many of you know this name) F.W. Worlworth store, gone forever when a lot of (some) of us grew up with this Icon of American Retail!
Just my 02 cents!
Bruce

rumrumm

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Got a email that Redheck is going out of business?  
Tell me its no so?  

Was this an e-mail directly from Redneck Street Rods? If not, I would contact them directly. Some rumors turn out to be untrue.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

rltaylor46

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Got a email that Redheck is going out of business?  
Tell me its no so?  
Why are sop many places going under???

I just talked with Wayne yesterday.  Due to health reasons, he is looking to sell the business.  BUT, if at all possible, he wants the business to continue, as is, and will work with and/or consult with new owner to help make that happen.  And think about it; Why would anyone buy Redneck Street Rods and not continue the goodwill Wayne has built? He did say that he would hate to see a new buyer come in and let some "bean counter" initiate changes that would lower the quality.  Like Wayne said, he hasn't been motivated by the all-mighty dollar, but rather that he loves cars, and has always wanted to build the best product available.  
Anyway, REDNECK IS NOT OUT OF BUSINESS

Daveyboy

Hmm selling the busnies?  
Now i am coming form a place in my head were the guy i paid (Ravon street rods)  was in busnies since 1972. He was not selling out but had health probs.  
Never told anyone and keep asking for more money.  
Now with that said he got me for 10k!!!  
When your paying up front for something and you here there selling going out of busnies or what ever. Would you sent the guy 10K?  
If so i am selling cars i will never make so send me 10k  
I don't like paying up front but that seams how it is!  
No one wants to stock what they sell.  
How do you sell from a empty wagon i will never know.  
Cant do that in my work and  don't know to many that can?  
I am not baging the guy just giving a heads up is all!

rltaylor46

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Hmm selling the busnies?  
Now i am coming form a place in my head were the guy i paid (Ravon street rods)  was in busnies since 1972. He was not selling out but had health probs.  
Never told anyone and keep asking for more money.  
Now with that said he got me for 10k!!!  
When your paying up front for something and you here there selling going out of busnies or what ever. Would you sent the guy 10K?  
If so i am selling cars i will never make so send me 10k  
I don't like paying up front but that seams how it is!  
No one wants to stock what they sell.  
How do you sell from a empty wagon i will never know.  
Cant do that in my work and  don't know to many that can?  
I am not baging the guy just giving a heads up is all!

Man, I totally agree. I was just passing on what I learned from Wayne yesterday. You are absolutely, 100% on the money (or, I guess out of the $, 10K, anyway).  Sorry, you may not appreciate my humor just now.  Did I read one of your messages here, or perhaps on streetrodding.com that you did get your 10K back?  I hope so.  AS for the Redneck situation, about the only way I would do it is if we could set up some kind of (for lack of a better term) escrow acct. through a bank.  Might cost a few $'s, even if possible.  I definitely will not shell out any $ in advance.  That being said however, Dave @ Bear called me this AM and offered to build me a stock height 3-window for an extra $2K. So, current sale price of $8925. + $2K= $10,925.00. I think that may be the best way to go, since first of all, he does make an excellent body.  Nobody can argue that (I don't think, anyway).  Secondly, he's right here in Prescott, where I live. So, "I know where he lives!".  I'm a Vietnam vet, and normally very easy to get along with. I'm not tryin' to sound tough, by any means.  I'm a peace lovin' guy.  But, I wouldn't have to think a nano-second about tracking down someone that screwed me. And, I guarantee you, that would likely be the worst day of that person's life. Right is Right, and wrong is wrong, and tht's all there is to it!

Daveyboy

Hey post me that guy shop page or ph # may give him a call
Your in  
Scottdale Arizona?
Man i can drive that far to look at one or pick one up.

rltaylor46

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Hey post me that guy shop page or ph # may give him a call
Your in  
Scottdale Arizona?
Man i can drive that far to look at one or pick one up.

We're in Prescott, AZ, which is about 1 1/2 hours north of Scottsdale.
Dave Hemry at Bear Fiberglass, 320 N. Arizona Ave., Suite 400, Prescott, AZ 86301; phone: (928) 778-3443. Please tell Dave that Randy Taylor referred you to him. Heck, maybe it'll save me a dime! Good Luck

Daveyboy

Oh and i did get my money back but not from Ravon st rods.
I paid on a card and the card comp. payed me and are now looking for him for the money