N & N 32 3 window

Started by Daveyboy, June 19, 2006, 07:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donsrods

I saw one at Knoxville TN at the NSRA event and it looked pretty good to me. Of course, you know they bring a good one ... possibly the best one they ever built Surprised

I saw the one Brookville had at Daytona last November, and it looked fantastic. Of course, every body they make looks fantastic.  I think I am going to replace the glass ' 27 body on my roadster (its on A rails) with their '29 roadster pickup body sometime down the road.  Their bodies tend to come out extremely straight, so I can't see how they would require nearly the amount of work to prep as any glass body.

Like I said, not trying to sway anyones opinion on glass, just curious if steel might not now be a viable choice since the introduction of the BV deuce.

I have seen stock '32 bodies going for $ 25,000, so at $ 24.000 it doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

Don

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "Deuce"

I do not think there have been very many 3W Brookville bodies yet sold or released to the PUBLIC ...  :)  So the statement about their fit/finish is just about got to be hearsay. I saw one at Knoxville TN at the NSRA event and it looked pretty good to me. Of course, you know they bring a good one ... possibly the best one they ever built  :-o

I was in no way trying to trash Brookville.  I'd give my eye teeth for one of their 32 roadster pickups.  And my comment was not about their three window in particular.  Just an observation based on conversations with knowledgable people, and several observations of in-the-raw Brookville products.

It is my opinion that if you start two projects, one with a quality fiberglass body and the second with a Brookville body in the end, all thinks considered equally, the Brookville project will be superior in overall quality and value.  But the fiberglass body project will require less body prep.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Deuce

:)

I believe a LOT of folks think that they buy a body ( either fiberglass or steel ) and it is almost ready for paint. When they have to work and work to get it ready for PAINT ... at the standard of excellence expected today ... they then talk about ALL THE WORK ...  :-o

I know a fellow who built a 32 3W from Gibbons ... and talked and talked about how much work it was to get ready for paint. Turned out nice ... so nice he sold it within 3 months of finishing it ( for big $$$ ) ... what does he do ?? Goes and buys another Gibbon 32 3W body ...  :?

Not a Wescott or Outlaw ... or any of the others ... another Gibbons.

I also believe it is more difficult in a LOT of ways to build a fiberglass car than a original car ... JUST MY OPINION ...
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Uncle Bob

Since Dave ended up with a body from Kiwi the original point is probably moot, but to add to the current flow.........

Also had a Gibbon '32 3 window, bought in '90.  It needed a TON of work to make nice enough for quality paint work, even though it "looked" good.  

I looked over the B'ville body at SEMA last Nov. and to the eye it's pretty nice.  The tale is told by running your hand over it, especially in the areas where it's likely to be wavey from the stamping and assembly processes.  Any dark color, as Deuce pointed out, done to a high standard, is going to require a lot of finish work.  That being said, it's still a quality piece.  And even though it'll take quite a few hours of labor to get straight, it's at least TEN times better than the HRHP 3 window ever was.  Similar to the difference between a B'ville roadster and a Rod Bod.............from a quality of production shape and finish there's no comparison.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

48flatbed

I wish I had found this message earlier (Been working on my 29 instead of computing).

I know the owner well, and have seen the shop and several of his bodies.
The owner is honest and deals with customers well.  His shop is kept neat and the bodies are kept inside until shipment.  The bodies are hand laid with 1" square tube and plywood reinforcement in the hingepoint and floor areas.  He pulled the mold for the 32 from an original Ford.  I have seen one of his coupe bodies with approx. 550 hp in it, driven hard and put away wet, and the body is holding up fine.

Jon

Daveyboy

COME ON you guy lets see some of your art WORK
Thats what i was looking for.
Show me some nose art!
Good Luck
Dave

river1

Quote from: "Daveyboy"COME ON you guy lets see some of your art WORK
Thats what i was looking for.
Show me some nose art!
Good Luck
Dave

not mine but here is some WWII nose art

http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-26,GGLD:en&q=WWII+nose+art

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.