N & N 32 3 window

Started by Daveyboy, June 19, 2006, 07:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Hi anyone live close to or have a car from N & N http://www.nnfiberglass.com/
what do you know of them?
I am looking for some one that is close to them and can look in on a body and frame i want to buy.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Hi anyone live close to or have a car from N & N http://www.nnfiberglass.com/
I am looking for some one that is close to them and can look in on a body and frame i want to buy.

I am not much help but I have visited with the owner and I have looked at the cars but I have not built one.  They are usually at NSRA Oklahoma City and the NSRA event at Springfield, MO. The bodies look as good as most I have looked at but I think I would try to find someone who has built one of their cars.  It is hard to judge the quality of a glass body at a show as the vendors always bring their best stuff.  My 2 cents.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Bib_Overalls

An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

rltaylor46

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Sent you a PM.

To Bib_Overalls:  I'd really be interested in what you have to say about N&N, myself.  I too am looking hard at their bodies, but haven't seen one, or talked with anyone who owns one.  
Yesterday, I talked with a builder from Port Richey, FL by the name of Dave Koorey, and was really impressed with his frankness.  Has anyone had any experience with one of his bodies?  I also talked with Steve @ Limeworks about the bodies they sell, which are imported from Rod Bods by Leon, in Australia.  He indicated that he believes these to be every bit as good as Deuce Custom bodies, and that they have fewer mold marks to contend with than the DC bodies. Steve is a Brit, and seemed to have no time for BS!  What do you all think? [/b]

Dave

Quote from: "Daveyboy"Hi anyone live close to or have a car from N & N http://www.nnfiberglass.com/
mine is an american street rod design ... 3 window. thats all im going to say. Oh ya im real happy with it but i just cant get in the who builds the better glass bodies discussion. depends on what day what the temps and humids are etc etc. Be fore warned though i dont care who makes it they all need work.  Im totally happy with mine but it required a lot of work to get the end result i wanted.. :twisted:  seee now ya got mee started.
Dave 8)  8)

Grandadeo

I know one guy who got one of the Port Richey, FL bodies and 200 hours later it was almost ready for paint.  That was a while ago.  Can't say if the quality improved any.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

zzford

I have seen several of Koory's bodies and have not at all been impressed. They seem, in my opinion, rough as a cob. You get what you pay for (if you're lucky). They are cheap and I understand there is no waiting for him to build it. I guess the demand for his bodies is low enough that he can have a few sitting on the shelf. My coupe is Minotti bodied. Minotti had some dealings with Dave Koory and didn't have any nice things to say about the relationship or Dave's character.

Daveyboy

send me a pm i found a place that sells lime works body for much less

Rayvyn

Quote from: "zzford"
have seen several of Koory's bodies and have not at all been impressed. They seem, in my opinion, rough as a cob. You get what you pay for (if you're lucky). They are cheap and I understand there is no waiting for him to build it. I guess the demand for his bodies is low enough that he can have a few sitting on the shelf. My coupe is Minotti bodied. Minotti had some dealings with Dave Koory and didn't have any nice things to say about the relationship or Dave's character.

He is a local builder who I checked out a while back. I've been to his shop a couple of times and was turned off by the haphazard layout, his attitude, dirt and grease everywhere, and the fact that the bodies he had done were laying around outside with no cover or protection from the elements. I've spoken to a number of area folks about him and didn't get many positive reactions. Most everyone I talked to would not recommend him. Some of them compared the quality to being one small step above Streetbeast.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

rltaylor46

Wow!  Looks like you guys saved me a long, disappointing trip to Florida.  STill haven't heard anything bad about N & N . However, the Rod Bod bodies from Limeworks are soundin' very nice.  Thanks to all

Dave

http://www.srbymichael.com/package/bodyframe.shtml here is where i got my roller. and this next link is the body i got
http://www.americanstreetrod.com/3_window_32_coupe.shtml

I didnt want the redneck 3 window cause its stock height the downs and the bebops dont have the proper detail around the windshield for me . It dont look stock
Mchael at srbymihael old me that bebops are really doing a nice job lately laying up thier bodies.

Dave

rumrumm

I saw a BeBop '32 3W body the last time I was at Yogi's--I was impressed by the workmanship.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

donsrods

I'm asking this as an honest question.  I've always had glass bodies, because they fit my budget better, but when you are talking about a '32 bodied car, is it really more cost effective to buy glass when Brookville has a really nice steel body that probably requires many hours less time to prep?

I see all of you struggling with this quality issue on various glass bodies, so I just wonder if the Brookville doesn't end up being a better deal in the long run. Plus, isn't the steel bodied car maybe worth more in the end result?

Again, just an honest question. I'm not one of these people who look down on anything other than steel.

Don

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "donsrods"I'm asking this as an honest question.  I've always had glass bodies, because they fit my budget better, but when you are talking about a '32 bodied car, is it really more cost effective to buy glass when Brookville has a really nice steel body that probably requires many hours less time to prep?

I see all of you struggling with this quality issue on various glass bodies, so I just wonder if the Brookville doesn't end up being a better deal in the long run. Plus, isn't the steel bodied car maybe worth more in the end result?

Again, just an honest question. I'm not one of these people who look down on anything other than steel.

Don

Everyone I have talked to about Brookville bodies says they need a lot of work to get them looking really good.  

Being from Arkansas you would think that I know something about N&N but I don't.  I got my body from Show Me Rod and Custom and I think they offer good quality at an affordable price.  And that was what I said in my PM.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Deuce

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"
Everyone I have talked to about Brookville bodies says they need a lot of work to get them looking really good.  

I do not think there have been very many 3W Brookville bodies yet sold or released to the PUBLIC ...  :)  So the statement about their fit/finish is just about got to be hearsay. I saw one at Knoxville TN at the NSRA event and it looked pretty good to me. Of course, you know they bring a good one ... possibly the best one they ever built  :-o

I have a Henry issued one to compare the Brookville to and while the Brookville is NOT dead on ... it is VERY [/b]close. The dash needs a cigar lighter hole and the glove box hole for the ash tray is not made the same as Henry's ( or actually Murray's ) 1932 3W coupes were built by Murray.

[/i]

I believe WESCOTT has the nicest 32 3W body but ... they are almost 20 grand ... I would go ahead and pay 5 grand more and get Brookville ... IF I could not find a original Henry issue 3W ...  :)
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?