Dixie Run #28 pictures

Started by alchevy, June 18, 2006, 09:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

We had a good turnout for the car show this year over the weekend. Here is a link to the pictures:

http://www.ms-sra.org/msra/dxerun28.htm
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

parklane

Didya get some liquid sunshine??

John :)
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

richard 36dodge

That was GREAT !!! That is better coverage than the Big Mags. They only show  the '32 Fords. I feel just like I was there ! I would loved to hived talked to all the owners.  
Thanks for your hard work in taking allll the pictures.
Rick Harris
1936 Dodge

jaybee

Nice!  Thanks for sharing, looks like fun.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

alchevy

Yes, we did get some liquid sunshine when we turned everyone loose Saturday evening, it came a rainstorm like no other. Ya know how it happens...doesn't rain a drop for a month, then the day of the show, it pours. The rain drops on the cars are from a small sprinkle that happened around lunchtime, as soon as folks got hoods closed and windows rolled up, if they had 'em, it stopped raining.

Better coverage than the magazines...wow, that's an honor! Thanks. I use a $149 Kodak digital camera that does all of the work and they use more expensive than that. I just stand there and press the button.

I'm glad to have them there for y'all to see. Isn't the internet a wonderfull place? We may have never known that we all are in this hobby if we didn't have it. Or the RRT for that matter!
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

http://www.ms-sra.org/IMAGES/dxerun280043.JPG

That picture is of our long distance award winner's car all the way from Greenville, IL. Mr J.R. Stewart, SR. has been coming down to our car show for all but the first year and that was because he didn't know about it. This was our 28th year. When he first started coming, he brought his children, now he brings his grandchildren!

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "40chevy"http://www.ms-sra.org/IMAGES/dxerun280043.JPG

That picture is of our long distance award winner's car all the way from Greenville, IL. Mr J.R. Stewart, SR. has been coming down to our car show for all but the first year and that was because he didn't know about it. This was our 28th year. When he first started coming, he brought his children, now he brings his grandchildren!

You *! You stole Jack Stewart from us! I was wondering why he wasn't at our father's day run yesterday!

Looks like you guys had a nice turn out.

alchevy

I was 13 and you weren't born yet when that happened!

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Quote from: "40chevy"I was 13 and you weren't born yet when that happened!

huh?