Source for air intake tube and K and N filters?

Started by 48builder, June 15, 2006, 12:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I'm trying to build a cold air intake setup for my LT1. I have not been able to find a reducer to go from the 3.5 inches at the MAF intake down to the standard 3" intake tube. I would stay at 3.5 all the way if I can find couplers to use. I've tried Summit and Martel Brothers performance. Any ideas for a source?

Thanks

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

C9

C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

enjenjo

I found one on a Buick at the local salvage yard. Factory part.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "48builder"I'm trying to build a cold air intake setup for my LT1. I have not been able to find a reducer to go from the 3.5 inches at the MAF intake down to the standard 3" intake tube. I would stay at 3.5 all the way if I can find couplers to use. I've tried Summit and Martel Brothers performance. Any ideas for a source?

Thanks

Walt

.......Hi, Walt!

You did not specify if you are looking for a plastic or metal reducer.

If Enjenjo's suggestion does not work for you, and if you can use metal, Jeg's has exhaust reducers for 3-1/2" to 3".  .....You may be able to find an exhaust reducer in a local parts store.

A lot of the ricers running turbos use large diameter tubing, and you may find a transition piece from some turbo accessory suppliers.  .....I've seen websites for turbo plumbing in the past, but I can't direct you to any from memory.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

48builder

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
A lot of the ricers running turbos use large diameter tubing, and you may find a transition piece from some turbo accessory suppliers.  .....I've seen websites for turbo plumbing in the past, but I can't direct you to any from memory.

Hey Bruce,

Thanks for the turbo idea. I just emailed a turbo place to see what they have. I'd prefer a rubber coupler because of the vibration , but I really don't care what the tube itself looks like. I'll use chrome if I can get it, or paint it body color if I can't.

Hope to see you this summer!

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

purplepickup

Walt,
I knew that a guy at work had to build his 3.5" intake ductwork for a LT1  in a '57 Chevy so I asked him where he got the stuff.  He said he found everything he needed here:  http://intakehoses.com/

Hope this helps....
George

48builder

Quote from: "purplepickup"Walt,
I knew that a guy at work had to build his 3.5" intake ductwork for a LT1  in a '57 Chevy so I asked him where he got the stuff.  He said he found everything he needed here:  http://intakehoses.com/

Hope this helps....

Oh, yeah. This is it. I've looked for hours to find a supplier like this. I should have asked here first.

Thanks a million.

Walt
'39 Chevy driver