Anyone Heading to the HRR in Bowling Green KY this Weekend?

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, June 12, 2006, 02:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Anyone else gonna make the trip this weekend?  It's the the coolest racing event I've ever attended, next to the HAMB Drags of course.  Roadstar and I will be there in Big Olds and should be parked along the tree lined river at the back of the park.  Stopped by and say "hi".
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47 ragtop

I am going, been to all except the first. I will be in my blue 47 chevy coupe  instead of my 47 convertible. I lurk on the HAMB and I have read your posts about the stainless trim you want. Sorry but the chevy trim is different from the olds trim. The chevy trim is about 3/4 inch wide and has an indention stamped in it. And of course its convertible only. :(  :(

Bib_Overalls

I'm going to miss it this year.  Could not get a room at a reasonable rate anywhere close.  So I am going to Nashville instead.  Will you be making that one?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Flipper

I'll be there as a spectator....we were hoping to be participants.   :x    This will be the only weekend in the past 6 months that I haven't worked on dad's 48.  We should be participants by Louisville.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Will you be making that one?

Nope, not this year.  Perhaps next year we will forgo the HRR and try Nashville but two weekends in a row out of town to the same area of the country is alittle much.

We should be hanging around Big Olds at noonish both Friday and Saturday, having lunch, if anyone wants to stop by, say hi and rest your feet for a bit.

HotRodLadyCrusr

47 Ragtop, it was great to meet you in person.  THANK YOU so much for bringing the stainless trim for me.  I'm bummed that it wasn't what I needed but I REALLY appreciate the effort and offer.

Did you see that black 48 Chevy Fleetmaster convert that was parked kinda as you pulled in the front entrance, it was on the left, kinda by the bleachers??  Anyway, it did have the exact trim I need.  The owner was there, I stopped and chatted with him for a quick second.  He was in a hurry to meet some friends but he did hand me his business card and told me to call him on Tuesday as he might have a lead for me on the part I need.  After I left him I did drive right to your car but I couldn't find you.  I wanted to show you the car.  The guy was from St Charles, MO.

Keep your fingers crossed that something pans out.

Flipper, sorry I missed you.  Big Olds was parked right along the river under the trees like the last few years.  BobK was parked right by us as well.

If anyone wants to see some of the best show coverage taken, including video, heres a link.  If this doesn't make you want to attend this show over GG Indy or Nashville............

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1322402&posted=1#post1322402

47 ragtop

Sorry I missed you after you saw the 48 convert, I will keep looking for the stainless moulding --- soon you WILL found it !! Again the door piece is not convertible only, a coupe piece will work.  Glad to have met you and will see you again soon. Bill