Today's project

Started by 48builder, June 11, 2006, 09:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Got lucky today, it was cold out so I didn't have to help my wife with yard work. Decided to work on the thingie that goes under the bumper thingie that is on the side of my door.

First I welded some long bolts on it, so I could hide the bolt heads. Then I started welding some 18 gauge on the top to make it nice and flat. Then I took a narrow piece for the side. I decided to make it a little different, so I put a little louver-likr cutout in the side. It's very small, just enough to make people wonder if it was made that way. Took a few hours to get this far, but the other side should go quicker.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Nice idea, I may steal it. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Hello;
I have a helper like yours too! Be careful, Don't burn your helpers tail!
Mine ia always inspecting my work, especially when I'm under the car!
Wish my helper could fabricate!

Bruce

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"Nice idea, I may steal it. :lol:

If you stole it I would consider it a big compliment.  :P
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

48builder

Quote from: "BFS57"Hello;
I have a helper like yours too! Be careful, Don't burn your helpers tail!
Mine ia always inspecting my work, especially when I'm under the car!
Wish my helper could fabricate!

Bruce

This kitten will sit out in the garage with me for hours, just watching. She sometimes gets a little scared when I'm grinding, but she's getting over that. She follows me in the house when I go in and then comes right back out when I do.
'39 Chevy driver

Ornberg

Yes Walt, I'm familiar with that kind of help in my garage to, but nice to have company sometimes. :lol:

Per

donsrods

Hey, your cat looks alot like ours. Actually "Chewy" is my Sons cat, but he has adopted an every morning ritual of taking a shower with me. Hes the only cat I've ever seen who likes water.

We play this game every morning where he shoots past my cat and goes in the bathroom with me, then he jumps into the shower and waits. When I turn on the water he gets between the two shower curtains and stays there, batting at me, the whole time I am showering. Funniest cat I have ever seen.

He starts my day off with a laugh, because he and I are about the only 2 awake at that time in the morning. He is really a cool cat. The rest of the day he reverts back to my Son's cat, but the mornings are mine. He has never missed one morning in the year I have lived here.

Don

donsrods

Oh, the picture was too big.

tomslik

uhhh, don't let 'em watch while you weld.....
blind pussy (or puppy) will be the result
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list