Brakes...Still...I give up!!

Started by midnight sun, June 08, 2006, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"

I know this may sound irrational, but there was a picture on the web showing that the bleed screw could be below the top of the caliper, as long as the PORT leading from the caliper bore to the bleed screw is at the top (highest point) of the caliper bore.

I think the picture was in the technical info of Master Power Brake's website, but I could not find it tonight.  

I don't know if the calipers you are using fall into this category.

The picture I referred to was at www.mpbrakes.com under tech info, but I see it is no longer available to the public, only to their customers.  ....It was in the troubleshooting section.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

36vicky

Bruce,

Is this the pic you referred to?  I hope it posts, it's a 133K jpeg.  If not I'll try again.  I got it from here:  http://www.mustangsteve.com/granadadiscs.html  Thanks, Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

36vicky

The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

Bruce Dorsi

Thanks for posting that pic, Tom, as it illustrates what I was trying to say with words.

I can't recall if that was the same pic I saw, but it is suitable for this thread!

Another thing I forgot to mention is that there may be a problem bleeding front brakes if a combination or metering valve is installed in the front circuit.  ....However, I don't think Jack is using either of those valves.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!