Goodguys Indy

Started by GPster, May 31, 2006, 09:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

The closer we get to Bonneville the further away it looks. So that I might have something to look foreward to let's talk about Indy. It seems that in the past it has been rather well thought of but I haven't heard of it talked about at all this year and it's only the weekend after this coming. Believe it or not I can't think about traveling that far just to be overwhelmed with cars. If I can't think about seeing some friends there then I'll just stay home. I'd like to see if there's any interest. GPster

enjenjo

Well, it looks like I will be making it after all. At least Friday and saturday
I'll bring the BBQ trailer too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "GPster"The closer we get to Bonneville the further away it looks. So that I might have something to look foreward to let's talk about Indy. It seems that in the past it has been rather well thought of but I haven't heard of it talked about at all this year and it's only the weekend after this coming. Believe it or not I can't think about traveling that far just to be overwhelmed with cars. If I can't think about seeing some friends there then I'll just stay home. I'd like to see if there's any interest. GPster

Our usual group will be there.  We should arrive Thursday afternoon.  We will try to set up camp to the left of the entrance road about half way to the swap meet area.  I am assuming that the show will be arranged as it has been in the past.

The HAMB dragsters are to make some exhibition runs throughout the weekend.

Looking forward to a great weekend with no rain.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

OBY and I will have our cars there along with our pal Curt and his little modified which some of you saw last fall at K-zoo.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

348tripower

Quote from: "GPster"The closer we get to Bonneville the further away it looks. So that I might have something to look foreward to let's talk about Indy. It seems that in the past it has been rather well thought of but I haven't heard of it talked about at all this year and it's only the weekend after this coming. Believe it or not I can't think about traveling that far just to be overwhelmed with cars. If I can't think about seeing some friends there then I'll just stay home. I'd like to see if there's any interest. GPster[/quote

I will be there and my pal Red is coming along.  We were hoping to bring his 63 Falcon and race, but the trans is out again.
Don
Don Colliau

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, it looks like I will be making it after all. At least Friday and saturday
I'll bring the BBQ trailer too.

I just told Larry a few minuets ago that a week from today we will be at Indy, having a cold adult beverage, and watching it rain.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Ohio Blue Tip

I'll be there with the old 34.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Roadstar

I'll be there Power Shoping for hotrod part for the "New" Roadster.

What time is lunch :D

See you guys there.

Scrap Fe

I will be there with my brother-in-law in his Viper red 1940 Ford Tudor. He got it back from the upholstery shop earlier this year and Indy will be its maiden voyage.  The car turned out nice.

Where do you plan to set up the BBQ trailer?

enjenjo

QuoteWhere do you plan to set up the BBQ trailer?

In the area WZjunk mentioned.

reborn55

Well as a lurker here I will try to stop by and say hello.  Wish I was coming in my 55 but looks like I will be in the 48 Dodge coupe.  Thanks.

GPster

I tend to be very "wishy washy" about making commitments for myself about spending time and money. This morning the decission was made for me. I'll be traveling to Cincinnatti on Thursday and staying overnight at our son's house so I can get to Indy fairly refreshed on Friday. Friday night and Saturday night I will be at Amerisuites so I should still be available on Sunday morning if anyone needs help packing up. The discussion is still open about what I'll be driving. Linda wants me to take the Cherokee because it's air conditioned but I think it's so I won't bring anything big and greasy home from the swap meet. Also I won't be tempted to trade it off on something. Hopefully, someone else will be at Amerisuites so that I won't be over at 5PM. GPster

enjenjo

I have a place to stay, across from the track, so I'll be there friday morning.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "GPster"I tend to be very "wishy washy" about making commitments for myself about spending time and money. This morning the decission was made for me. I'll be traveling to Cincinnatti on Thursday and staying overnight at our son's house so I can get to Indy fairly refreshed on Friday. Friday night and Saturday night I will be at Amerisuites so I should still be available on Sunday morning if anyone needs help packing up. The discussion is still open about what I'll be driving. Linda wants me to take the Cherokee because it's air conditioned but I think it's so I won't bring anything big and greasy home from the swap meet. Also I won't be tempted to trade it off on something. Hopefully, someone else will be at Amerisuites so that I won't be over at 5PM. GPster

Joe, we are staying at the Comfort Suites at Brownsburg which is just a couple of miles to the west of the IRP race track.  We will spend Thursday night and Saturday there in the parking lot and you are welcome to hang around.  Friday night we have another commitment I think but that may change.  In the past we have tried to all go out to dinner on Saturday night at Frank and Marys Tavern but we will have to see if anyone wants to do that this time.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

HOTRODSRJ

I'll be there with my Dad's 55 in the same usual spot me thinks.  This is probably his last year doing the 55 thing (he is ill)....so stop by and say hello to a fantastic guy, WWII vetern and greatest Dad in the World.  

STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK