Off Topic.....Anyone else watching the Eagle cam??

Started by 40, May 29, 2006, 12:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wondering if anyone else has been keeping track of the pair of nesting eagles in Vancouver,B.C. on the net ? I found it pretty interesting as they sat up their household and sat on the eggs but have been fascinated watching the Eaglets hatch and am amazed at how fast they are growing! My grandkids are as mesmerized as I am....It's the first thing we check in the morning and the last thing we look at before bed.....not counting the incredible amount of time we waste in between :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "river1"link??????????

www.hancockwildlife.org
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

WOW!!!

that is waaay too cool. 8)  8)

I appreciate you sharing that, and Thanks Bry for posting the link.  :D
I didn't realize you had a kind, caring side to ya. :wink:

I'll be a daily lurker now. :roll:

Thanks again fellers.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Bryan,Thanks for posting the link! Sorry fellas.....I really meant to include it in the post :roll:  .....must be the OldTimers kicking in! I can still remember my name without looking at my drivers license but I'm sure that day is coming! I watched her feed the youngsters a pigeon last night....it was amazing how mom plucked the feathers and ripped the meat into small pieces for the eaglets.....then,as the sun began to set,she positioned her body on the upwind side of them,covered them with a wing and everyone went to sleep.It would be interesting to know how many people are following this worldwide.....I bet it's a bunch!

slocrow

Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Arnold

Quote from: "40"Bryan,Thanks for posting the link! Sorry fellas.....I really meant to include it in the post :roll:  .....must be the OldTimers kicking in! I can still remember my name without looking at my drivers license but I'm sure that day is coming! I watched her feed the youngsters a pigeon last night....it was amazing how mom plucked the feathers and ripped the meat into small pieces for the eaglets.....then,as the sun began to set,she positioned her body on the upwind side of them,covered them with a wing and everyone went to sleep.It would be interesting to know how many people are following this worldwide.....I bet it's a bunch!

The site kept crashing awhile ago..because of traffic..it got stoopid crazy..with miliions and millions of hits..
 40.. I have a good Golden Eagle story(personal)..if a few people want to read it I'll post it..or email me Arnoldtheskier1@aol and I'll send it..

I say post it here for all to enjoy! You can also email it to me at PepperTaker@aol.com if you like.I used to have a friend that hunted upland game,mostly pheasant and quail,with a Falcon.....It was amazing to watch! He has since moved to the West coast and has given up falconry.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"WOW!!!

Bry
I didn't realize you had a kind, caring side to ya. :wink:

Vance

Just don't go telling everyone. I have low standards to maintain... 8)

I've been known to support a noble cause or 2 in my day... :D

I actually used to see them frequently when I lived in Alaska, and even here in Florida we have a few pairs here and there, but it's neat to see the young ones up close like that.

A small town not far from here has had a couple of Redtailed Hawks build a nest in a small tree on one of the towns main sidewalks. People were getting pecked and clawed so much they had to shut down the sidewalk. They'll get even more protective when the babies are born. It won't be safe to walk on the street there soon.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

I love Bald Eagles..............they taste just like Spotted Owl.  :shock:  :shock:

that'll get the PETA folks stirred up.

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Bob K

I've been watching since the hatching, it is amazing how big they have gotten in just about 3 weeks. I thought that the littlest one was gonna get starved out by the big one, I see the adults didn't let that happen.

The grandkids love it as much as me and Muggs.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

There is still quite a difference in size but the little guy is scrappy! Looks like they are having trout for dinner tonight! Mom's quite a fisherperson!

slocrow

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"that'll get the PETA folks stirred up.Vance

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals.............or am I confused :roll:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"that'll get the PETA folks stirred up.Vance

PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals.............or am I confused :roll:

I said that to one of them down here protesting outside the local mall, you'd a thought I slapped one of her kids :shock:

I agree with you Frank.  if the Good Lord didn't want us to eat them, he wouldn't have made them so tasty. :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders