O/T happy holiday

Started by Dave, May 26, 2006, 06:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Sue and I are taking off to indy on the bike shortly and were coming back sunday late. A quick decision back roads to Ft Wayne then ? They want 500 miles fore eway driving. If i dont get back on till next week have a safe and happy holiday. Oh were going 30 miles north of indy to the little 500 33 sprint cars 500 laps on a 1/4 mile.................. Ill miss the big 500   but oh well
Dave and Sue :lol:  :D  :D  :D  :)  :)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "N8DC"Oh were going 30 miles north of indy to the little 500 33 sprint cars 500 laps on a 1/4 mile.................. Ill miss the big 500   but oh well

Heres mud in your face :b-d:

have a great time! 33 sprinters on a 1/4 mi. bull-ring for 500 laps. 8)  8)

somebodys gonna get upside down. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

man, I sure miss those days.........steering it with the gas pedal.......the smell of the crowd.......the roar of the engines...........

take some pictures

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

blksheep

" the smell of the crowd"???
Yo,...Vance,...Dude,....that gang yer hangin with??? Pray for rain!!

Have a safe trip, Dave and Sue.

blksheep...crank left, throttle down, crank right, crank left, throttle down, crank right....1/4 mile style in Charlotte

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "N8DC"Oh were going 30 miles north of indy to the little 500 33 sprint cars 500 laps on a 1/4 mile.................. Ill miss the big 500   but oh well

man, I sure miss those days.........steering it with the gas pedal.......the smell of the crowd.......the roar of the engines...........

take some pictures

Vance

Who wants to see pictures of a crowd like that? :shock:
Where'd you do your racin'? The local 4-H track? :wink:
When they said "Go racin' at the bullring", it was a figure of speech, not an implied idea... :?  :D
Only in Texas would they run sprint cars with mudflaps on them to keep the clean dirt from gettin' up into the stands and mixin' with the crowd dirt... :lol:
Was your sprint car blue, also? :P  :lol:
Oops, gotta run... :0-0
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

the main difference in the dirt was the track was red clay, and the crowd was covered in topsoil :shock:

nope, no blue sprinter, it was black and red.

didn't hafta run mudflaps, but a beer koozie that velcroed to the roll cage sure came in handy. 8)  8)  :wink:

you guys are killin' me, just killin' me :)(

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

take some pictures

Vance

Left in such a hurry i forgot the camera  :twisted:  What a fun ride i love the new scoot and so does sue. The race was good although there were more wrecks that usuall . The best thing was the winner is  an old michigan guy transplaned to N.C. or as he stated he doesnt know where he is from. :lol:  I wore my Jeff Bloom from Bangor Michigan T shirt and he finished 4th. my youngest boy talked to him in the pits after the race and told him to look at the old mans shirt  :!:  He loved it and i prolly shoulda got it signed but i didnt.
Come to indiana next may ill meet ya at anderson and we will get the dirt outta your ears permantly. I do maybe 2 dirt races a year. Pavement is where its at :!:  Ya i know pavement is for parking lots but dirt is for drain
fields....... 8)  :lol:  :lol:
Dave
Oh ya it was the 58th running ill take the camera next year and fir the 60th the following year.. Vance go to www.whowon.com  go to indiana tracks and anderson. I think you will like what you see although its not a lot of coverage

EMSjunkie

Thanks Dave.   :D   I appreciate you thinking of me :-o

I'll check it out. 8)

Glad you had a good time. hope you got a windshiled on your new ride.
or some heavy-duty sunglasses.........oh, wait, ya'all don't have them Texas-sized grasshoppers up there do ya?

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

slocrow

Dave; You took the new bike, correct? Did you get the bugs off your tooth yet.................Beeeeeep :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Dave; You took the new bike, correct? Did you get the bugs off your tooth yet.................Beeeeeep :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  8)  8)
Good one Frank............ I can take it ......Fire Away :D  :D
Dave

Rayvyn

Quote from: "slocrow"Dave; You took the new bike, correct? Did you get the bugs off your tooth yet.................Beeeeeep :lol:

It's hard to get bugs on your tooth when you're sitting behind the driver the whole way... :P  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

By the way Frank I would think a stuff Knower like you would know if you spray PAM on your tooth the bugs wont stick :lol:  :lol:  8)  8)
Dave

slocrow

Quote from: "N8DC"By the way Frank I would think a stuff Knower like you would know if you spray PAM on your tooth the bugs wont stick :lol:  :lol:  8)  8)
Dave

Pam on your tooth? All along I thought you were lub'en your lips...........for a ride in Frank's new truck :twisted:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...