Smashed my Vert

Started by Bob K, May 24, 2006, 11:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Here is a link to a post I did on the HAMB. That is my sad story.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111719

B :oops: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

enjenjo

Sorry to hear that Bob, Hope you have a good insurance man :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

That's a bummer! I have walked in them shoes before though it wasn't my fault....It didn't make me feel any better.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Brootal

It would probably be worse if someone else hit you. At least this way you take it on the chin and get on with fixing it.

If it was someone else's fault you'd be sitting around waiting for the insurance company as they tried to figure out who to blame.
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

barnsey

Hope you can get it fixed real soon and glad nobody was injured.I had a simlar experience a couple of weeks ago when my drivers door decided to fly open while going around a sweeping bend.Being suicide doors on the front meant that it swung around so fast it took my door out as well as my rear fender.But all is good i got it home and fixed it before too many could see the damage but being off the road for a week was the hardest part of the experience
cheers barnsey

purplepickup

It's a bummer to hear about any damage to such a beautiful car but by the looks of the pictures, I'd guess that your pride was hurt more than the Chevy.  I'm sure the teasing will go on long after the metal is straightened. :twisted:

Ya know Bob, they call them things "immovable objects" for a reason :wink:
George

jaybee

Wow Bob, that's a shame.  At least nothing's hurt that can't be fixed.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

BFS57

Hello;
Bob, sorry to hear about your crash, I hate when that happens! Next time keep your eye on the road instead of the scenery, and you might not crash!
Bruce

slocrow

Hey B'oops, what gives with the "Assured clear distance"? That sure isn't pleasant to read but stuff happens. At least you're OK except for your smushed ego. Really, too bad.
I'll check to see what E-Gas Gene has in the way of grill parts. O&R,A!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

Boob...er, I mean Bob, you boob! Yer supposed to look, not touch.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Bob K"Here is a link to a post I did on the HAMB. That is my sad story.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111719

B :oops: B

Bob I have some idea of what you are going thru.  Ran the right side of my truck into a center divider curb in Flag when the sun was in my eyes about 7 in the morning leaving town 5-6 years ago.  Damaged the right side of the headlight the whole right side fender and the cowl.  Pretty similar to your deal.

I was so sick about it when I got home I spent about 4 hours pounding it all all with a hammer and dolly and another couple weeks doing bondo and repainting that side and some of the flames.

You will get it together and a year or so it will just be a memory.  Hang in there,

Sum

Leon

I have a grille that I was going to put up on Ebay someday.  But it looks like you have yours straightened out pretty good.  If you need it let me know I'll give it to you real cheap.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "purplepickup"

"immovable objects" for a reason :wink:

Is that what they call the car in front of you nowdays???? :wink:

Bob, glad to see your baby was still able to cruz around the track and get home.  Look on the bright side, it could have been much, much worse......you could have actually gotten beaten up by Larry. :lol:

and good luck finding the pieces your looking for.  Have you tried Flat Top Bob in TX yet?   Always seems like he has exactly what folks are looking for.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

n.c.rodder

Sorry to hear about the car :cry:  - As you know, I really like that car!

About 12 years ago, I was pulling my coupe out of the garage in the wee hours of the morning. I plum forgot that I had my every day driver parked sideways across the driveway. You guessed it, backed right into the side of it. So unlike you, I had 2 cars to fix & they were both mine :evil:
Till we meet - On the street