Latest Projects

Started by enjenjo, May 14, 2006, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

This is what I have been working on the last week.

I put the intake system all together for the sprint car. A Zepher manifold, home made adapters, and a pair of Winfield SR carbs. Ready to bolt on.

Also, I got the rear end together, a Home made quickchange with a Frankland rear cover. All new bearings and seals, the gears were in good shape. Moser made a new driveshaft for it, hard stuff, I needed a hole for a retaining pin, the local shop had to laser it in, too tough to drill. Still waiting on a seal for the torque tube to put that on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

1FATGMC

Never saw a Volvo with an induction set-up like that :roll: .

Quote from: "enjenjo".....a Home made quickchange with a Frankland rear cover.......

That is impressive.  I tried to figure out how I could make one for Hooley's car last year, but pretty quickly gave up on the idea.

Looks good Frank, I'll try and post tomorrow what I finished today.

c ya, Sum

enjenjo

QuoteThat is impressive. I tried to figure out how I could make one for Hooley's car last year, but pretty quickly gave up on the idea.

Well, I didn't make this one, just restored it. Whoever made it did an excellent job, It looked like a casting until I sand blasted it. after welding it together, they filled all the welds with brass, and smoothed it all out. After painting, it looked like a casting.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteThat is impressive. I tried to figure out how I could make one for Hooley's car last year, but pretty quickly gave up on the idea.

Well, I didn't make this one, just restored it. Whoever made it did an excellent job, It looked like a casting until I sand blasted it. after welding it together, they filled all the welds with brass, and smoothed it all out. After painting, it looked like a casting.

That is kind of what I had in mind.  I was going to buy some of the parts as they sell them all seperately and try and make the case, but felt I didn't have the skill, welder, lathe, and mill that would handle the task.

c ya, Sum

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"This is what I have been working on the last week.

My project certainly isn't as exotic as yours, Frank, but here is what I did this week.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

kb426

You guys are having more fun than me. I'm helping my son bring a 2000 ZX6R back to life. It's been stripped and stored near the saltwater. Everything is real ugly. When that is done, I'll get back to the 37. It's been left alone for about a month. Until the 53 sells, I won't have enough money to do much.
TEAM SMART

BFS57

Hello;
Great job you guys! The only kind of welding I do is J.B. Welding!
Bruce

enjenjo

QuoteMy project certainly isn't as exotic as yours, Frank, but here is what I did this week.

May not be as exotic, but it takes as much or more work. It looks good.

alchevy

My project has been put on hold for a little while. Between work and on the road all of the time, it's like I'm never at home when I could work on the car. Need to finish the a/c install started about a year ago. On Saturday, I had to miss a local car show to go to my nephew's graduation from high school. They had a baseball game in town on Friday night then Saturday, I went over to my sister's house to spend time with the family, went to the graduation at 3pm, it was over with around 4:30pm. Then we left town about 6pm and headed South to another town for another baseball game. They were playing for the championship of the private schools in the state. The game was at 8pm. It was a 1 1/2 hour drive there. Came down to the (they only play 7 innings) bottom of the 7th with 2 outs, the score is 7 to 6 with my nephew's team ahead, but there's a runner on third from the other team....our pitcher throws the ball and it's a wild pitch! The runner heads for home, there's an outstanding play at the plate as my nephew's team makes the play and they win the championship! In Friday night's game, they were tied 2 to 2 and went to the 10th inning before we pulled it out with a game winning homerun. The opposing team had a senior pitcher that went all 10 innings that night. On Saturday night, their pitcher, a freshman, went all 7 innings. The game is over and its about 10:30pm, after the team celebrates on the field, I think the whole school was there on the field after that play, I got back home around 1am. Went to church the next morning, then over to my sister's house for lunch, it was Mother's Day, then back home around 3:30pm and took a nap.

Going to get the seatbelts installed in the back seat this Saturday afternoon after I got to work for 8 hours and get the car ready for Springfield, MO.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteMy project certainly isn't as exotic as yours, Frank, but here is what I did this week.

May not be as exotic, but it takes as much or more work. It looks good.

is the left side of the box a bit high?

:arrow:  :wink:  :wink:

looks good!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
That is kind of what I had in mind.  I was going to buy some of the parts as they sell them all seperately and try and make the case, but felt I didn't have the skill, welder, lathe, and mill that would handle the task.

c ya, Sum

Wilson Welding is converting one for me.  He quoted $750 for the conversion and $160 for an open drive line.  He R&Rs the pinion assembly and presses it back into the housing.  Told me he is going to stop doing them and that my unit would be in the last run.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

1FATGMC

Well I finish making an idler sprocket for the lakester that I probably won't use.  You can see how the parts go together and how they were made (  HERE  ).  Pretty boring stuff.

Also you can see why I'm probably not going to use it (  HERE  ).

c ya, Sum

Dave

I put the intake system all together for the sprint car. A Zepher manifold, home made adapters, and a pair of Winfield SR carbs. Ready to bolt on.

Also, I got the rear end together, a Home made quickchange with a Frankland rear cover. All new bearings and seals, the gears were in good shape. Moser made a new driveshaft for it, hard stuff, I needed a hole for a retaining pin, the local shop had to laser it in, too tough to drill. Still waiting on a seal for the torque tube to put that on.

Dunno what your weather is like down there but my next project is gonna be a 500hp mower or maybe an ark.......... Rain rain rain :(
Dave

abonecoupe31

I bought a Zepher manifold for my Model A back when I was in the Navy in 77.  Does yours take 97 carbs?...I still got mine somewhere, but I never got around to using it.  I got a  couple of single bbl carbs for it years back, as I was told that 2 97's (or 94's or 81's even) would be too much gasoline....think those were Strombergs too.  I forget.  Friend of mine amde a tube manifold with 2 flathead six carbs for his A racer.  He never did get that on the road (or track)

enjenjo

Yes the manifold was made for 97 type carbs. I made adapters to fit the Winfield SRs.