O/T incredible nerve

Started by phat rat, May 12, 2006, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

My wife and I have a timeshare and wouldn't mind selling it but they are an albatross to get rid of. Early this week we were contacted by a company who said they would like to talk to us and make an offer on our timeshare. So thinking that maybe we'd get an offer we'd be willing to take it was a shock when the offer was made. They would TAKE our timeshare  IF WE PAID THEM $3300. Needless too say when I heard that I was up and walking out. This offer was made after telling the group that was there how they rented them out and if you wanted to become a member the membership fee was $5000. I still find it incredible, can you imagine paying someone to take your house or car?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

48ford

We feel for you,
t here is a donation group on the net that takes your time share and puts it on e-bay and you get to take it off your taxes,      but they sell them for $99.00!!!!!!!,you get to take 99.00 off your taxes. WOW
Later Russ&Irene

jaybee

What's worse still is that they WILL find people that will go for it.  One of my friends had a really bad experience with his elderly mother.  She was curious about the value of her house and an unscrupulous Realtor convinced her the best way was to list it!  She called in a panic when the crooked agent called to tell her he had sold her house at the listing price and she had no alternative but to move.  All of this for below market, of course.  What some people will do for a comission!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat rat

Jaybee, I know they find willing people, they have quit a few units to rent out. My wife and I were the only ones out of the 7 there that walked out, the rest stayed.

48ford, yes they told me we could deduct some of it on our taxes, but that doesn't begin too  make up for paying them to take it.

phat46

hey gimme a grand and i'll take that purple coupe off your hands!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :roll:

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "phat46"hey gimme a grand and i'll take that purple coupe off your hands!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :roll:

I'll take it off your hands for $1500. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

EMSjunkie

come on Jack, you prolly spend that much every Friday at Hooters. :shock:  :shock:  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

phat46 and Phil, boy you guys are all heart

Vance, sorry I've only been in a Hooters once and my wife was with me.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "phat rat"Vance, sorry I've only been in a Hooters once and my wife was with me.

Not to smart on your part :wink: .  Sometimes I do manage to stop at Hooters in your fine city Vance.  I'll call ahead and we can meet there :P, for a mid-afternoon lunch.  

Jim and I stopped there going or coming to Oak City a year ago and the gals went out and draped themselves all over Jim and his Car and I took pictures.  He told me he later burned them afraid his wife wouldn't understand, but I think they are still around somewhere 8) .  

My truck was parked on the other side of the building and I decided maybe the photo op wasn't in my best interest, although Julie usually just says go for it or laughs it off :D .

c ya, Sum

tomslik

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "phat rat"Vance, sorry I've only been in a Hooters once and my wife was with me.

Not to smart on your part :wink: .  Sometimes I do manage to stop at Hooters in your fine city Vance.  I'll call ahead and we can meet there :P, for a mid-afternoon lunch.  

Jim and I stopped there going or coming to Oak City a year ago and the gals went out and draped themselves all over Jim and his Car and I took pictures.  He told me he later burned them afraid his wife wouldn't understand, but I think they are still around somewhere 8) .  

My truck was parked on the other side of the building and I decided maybe the photo op wasn't in my best interest, although Julie usually just says go for it or laughs it off :D .

c ya, Sum

you guys are soooooo whipped...... :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"

you guys are soooooo whipped...... :roll:

lol

:arrow:   :wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

1FATGMC

Quote from: "tomslik"you guys are soooooo whipped...... :roll:

Oh, but it feels so good :twisted: .

c ya, Sum

tomslik

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "tomslik"you guys are soooooo whipped...... :roll:

Oh, but it feels so good :twisted: .

c ya, Sum

i've heard that about you... :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat46

I live in such an exciting town that  the Hooters they opened here closed in about one year!!!! I never went to this particular one, but my mother in her late 70's at the time wanted to go!!!! Guess I shoulda been a better son and have taken her while i had the chance.... 8)

EMSjunkie

your on Sum!!!!

contrary to popular belief, they do make a GREAT burger, and I like the curly fries too.

let me know next time you are coming this way and we'll make some plans.

its pretty easy off-on I-40, and last time I was there the waitrersses were more than willing to provide a "photo op" for us. :D  :D  :oops:  8)

the supervisor wasn't too happy, but it was large fun anyway.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****