Where's that av8 fella got to?

Started by Brootal, May 11, 2006, 10:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brootal

Just trying to get in touch with him in preparation for our lightning visit to Nor Cal.

Where's he gotten to?
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

av8

Quote from: "Brootal"Just trying to get in touch with him in preparation for our lightning visit to Nor Cal.

Where's he gotten to?

Sorry for not replying to your PM before today. I've been upside down in a new book, plus block and crankshaft work. I'll be around in late July -- unless my head explodes in the meantime. :lol:

Lots of interesting stuff to do and see in NorCal but Tardel's is a must-do for you.

I look forward to your visit.

Mike

Rex Schimmer

Not trying to horn in on your fun but if you're going to be in the area I live 3-4 miles from Tardel's and would love to meet you there. By July my car could be close, might even spring for a couple of cold ones. Plus my neighbor has a gragage full of late 30s cars and my other neighbor a gragage full of Cord stuff we could probably look at.

Rex

Brootal

Quote from: "Rex Schimmer"Not trying to horn in on your fun but if you're going to be in the area I live 3-4 miles from Tardel's and would love to meet you there. By July my car could be close, might even spring for a couple of cold ones. Plus my neighbor has a gragage full of late 30s cars and my other neighbor a gragage full of Cord stuff we could probably look at.

Rex

I think you could twist my arm! :)

We will be arriving in SF on July 29 (Saturday)  around lunch tim, and will be staying 3 nights. That means we'll be flying out on Tuesday, August 1, but not until the evening.

Looks like we'll be staying somewhere near Fisherman's Wharf, so what's the best way to get out to Tardel's place? I know it's in Santa Rosa and it's about 70miles out.

Any offers, or should I just hitch a ride with one of the Mexicans over in Marin County? ;)

//www.the-rumbler.com

av8

Quote from: "Brootal"
Quote from: "Rex Schimmer"Not trying to horn in on your fun but if you're going to be in the area I live 3-4 miles from Tardel's and would love to meet you there. By July my car could be close, might even spring for a couple of cold ones. Plus my neighbor has a gragage full of late 30s cars and my other neighbor a gragage full of Cord stuff we could probably look at.

Rex

I think you could twist my arm! :)

We will be arriving in SF on July 29 (Saturday)  around lunch tim, and will be staying 3 nights. That means we'll be flying out on Tuesday, August 1, but not until the evening.

Looks like we'll be staying somewhere near Fisherman's Wharf, so what's the best way to get out to Tardel's place? I know it's in Santa Rosa and it's about 70miles out.

Any offers, or should I just hitch a ride with one of the Mexicans over in Marin County? ;)

Take 101 north, through Santa Rosa to Shiloh Road, right to Old Redwood Highway, left to Pleasant Avenue, right to 464 Pleasant Avenue, right through the gate, follow the drive around the house to the shop in back. Best to park outside the wooden fence.

Monday is errand day for Vern so the shop is "closed." Tuesday would be good. Call me when you get to SF and settled and we can make final arrangements for your visit. I'll PM my 'phone number to you.

Cheers . . .

Mike

Brootal

I figured that would be the case, Mike.

So is there a bus or train that heads out to Santa Rosa? I'll have to leave early in the morning and then get back in time for the flight home.  :shock:

//www.the-rumbler.com

av8

Quote from: "Brootal"I figured that would be the case, Mike.

So is there a bus or train that heads out to Santa Rosa? I'll have to leave early in the morning and then get back in time for the flight home.  :shock:

Golden Gate Transit runs buses from San Francisco to Santa Rosa as does Sonoma County Airport Express. SCAE runs on the half hour and I think GGT does as well. Both have excellent on-time records so scheduling isn't a problem.

Mike