I think that I've got this picture thing figured out.

Started by Rex Schimmer, May 11, 2006, 01:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Schimmer

I think that I've got the picture thing figured out so here are a couple of pictures of the progress on my 28/29 track roadster. Working on the windshield right now.

Rex

Bib_Overalls

Love the wheels.  

And the rest of your ride too.  It is going to be cool.

Show us more.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

jaybee

That's going to be a very good-looking car.  Thanks for sharing.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Brootal

That's a good idea using the plywood for wheels. I assume they're the same rolling diameter that you plan to use on the car. If you're real clever you could try different wheel designs from photocopies or something. :)

Looking good, by the way!
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Rex Schimmer

Good idea about the my wooden wheels, they are cut to the size of the wheel tire combo that I am planning. Right now I am planning to use some Michlen 135-15 fronts, 23 inch dia, and 7.50-17s,33.5 inch dia, on the rear so that is about a 10 inch tire rake. As far as the actual wheels go if I had unlimited money,(I haven't checked to see if I won the lotto today) I would get some custom Dayton wire wheels, but in "real life" I will either go with American "Salt Flats" or some red steelies with baby moon caps. It is probably going to be decided by my check book at the time that I really need to get it rolling.

Rex

kb426

TEAM SMART

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "kb426"COOL! A flintstone car.

No, its actually a pre 48 Soap Box Derby Car. 8)
Till we meet - On the street

Rex Schimmer

You guys just don't appericate these wheels, they are for alignment! SURE!!! Actually if you connect a string on the back of the rear wheel and then pull it tight toward the front of the car and then swing it until it just touches the front of the rear wheel and do it on both sides you can measure from the string to the front spindle and see if your car is square and you can set the the front toe in also. So other than just holding my car up off the ground they can be handy.

Rex