Need -Sanden Compressor - cheap ...non working ok

Started by 58Apache, March 30, 2004, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

I am getting ready to finish off my rebuilt 396 engine with a highly modified serpentine system and need a Sanden type compressor to mount where the Vintage Air compressor will mount when I buy the package.

I don't want to have to buy the package just yet, but need a compressor to get the belt measurements right and to run the engine. I also need to verify and/or modify the mount to fit since it's a stock GM truck mount for an AC compressor. Vintage Air confirmed they didn't have a mount that would fit.

Are all mounting bolt locations on all Sanden Compressors the same?

Does anyone have an old Sanden type AC Compressor with a serpentine pulley that is not frozen up? It doesn't have to work, just has to turn. I'll hit the junk yards if nobody has one they want to sell cheap.

Thanks!
                                   Steve

enjenjo

I don't have one with a serpentine pulley. There are two mounting systems on Sanden compressors. the most common one, and the one that street rod suppliers use, has a four tabs on the front and rear of the compressor. The other, used with many serpentine systems, has four bolts through the body of the compressor.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.