Knoxville NSRA, Going?

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, April 30, 2006, 09:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Anybody going to Knoxville next week?  Six of us are going from Michigan (3 RRT members).  Want to meet on Saturday?  Should be a fine time.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

EMSjunkie

Are ya takin' the Coupe?

sounds like a blast. I'll live vicariously thru you one this one Kenny. :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

blksheep

Sorry,.....can't go there.
Me and my Built in America by Americans, all U.S. steel, 1957 Chevrolet are not welcome.
The National Street Rod Association.
Exactly what nation are they referring to there????

blksheep...One proud American....in Charlotte

papastoyss

We'll be there. Driving a black primer 47 ford coupe. Tenn tags. David & Sue Midgett.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Are ya takin' the Coupe?

Ya, I'm driving the coupe and 5 other rods from MI are going too.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "papastoyss"We'll be there. Driving a black primer 47 ford coupe. Tenn tags. David & Sue Midgett.

Cool, I'll look for ya.  I'm in a black primer 34 ford 3 windiow.
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

alchevy

Quote from: "blksheep"Sorry,.....can't go there.
Me and my Built in America by Americans, all U.S. steel, 1957 Chevrolet are not welcome.

Just wait until these two events (see below) take place, you can go to them.

NSRA Milwaukee Nationals at Wisconsin State Fair Park The dates for the 2nd annual NSRA Milwaukee Nationals are July 14, 15 & 16, at the Wisconsin State Fair Park. The event will open the second year of 30 year and older vehicles being included at the newest of the NSRA events.

The dates for the 2nd annual NSRA Richmond Nationals are August 25, 26 & 27, at the Richmond Raceway Complex in the host city. The inaugural event was a huge success last year and expectations are high for an even bigger turnout of 30 year and older vehicles this year.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

blksheep

Yea,...Thanks,.... but no thanks.

Thats like tellin your best girl that there are plenty of pretty girls at these partys, but not so many at these two, so you can go to them.

Post '48 cars are not field fillers.

blksheep...smokin a little over this one...in Charlotte

phat rat

If your not willing to go to the ones you can why * about the others? Personally I don't consider anything 49 and above a hot rod. In my opinion their street machines, customs or tiques depending on how their done. That's my opinion but I know you don't agree with it. Sounds like you should go to Good Guys shows as they have what you want. Forget NSRA because they don't
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "blksheep"Sorry,.....can't go there.

Man, you just won't give up will you :?:  :?  :?  :?: Come on Dave, lets not get this debate started on this board also PLEEEEASE :!:  :!:
Till we meet - On the street

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"

Ya, I'm driving the coupe and 5 other rods from MI are going too.

You guys have fun :D  - but take it easy on that little duece from up north :wink:
Till we meet - On the street

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm going. Got the '40 road tested today. Been chasing leaks for 2 days. Gotta put the hood on and do a few adjustments abd I think we're good to go.

I've been an NSRA member for 34 years...I thought we put the debate over pre-49/post-'48 to bed 20-something years ago. Get over it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!