Intro......finally

Started by Corn Fed, April 29, 2006, 10:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corn Fed

After lurking for years, I thought I better do my intro.   I can't remember if it was Bob K. or HRLC that initially tuned me in to the RRT, but I know I'm aquanted with a few others here too.   My name is Chris and I'm in Des Moines Iowa.  Been around old cars all my life, having grown up in a street rod family.  Some of my earliest memories are of going with my dad to look at his 33 Tudor and riding in his '61 Vette (circa 1973).  My cars (projects) are mostly 26-34 Fords, but I do have a 55 Belair, 57 Ford 2dr Wagon and a 65 Chevelle Conv.   So my interests are varied.  I won't post much, but will continue to check into see what's happening every now and then.  Thanks C.F.

moparrodder

Hey Chris!  Glad ya made it to the RRT 8)  Sounds like ya have a few projects to keep you out of trouble for a while.  If you get on the western side of the state drop in, we live in Dunlap.  Maybe we'll see ya in Des Moines for the Heartland Nationals in July, we usually have a Hamb and RRT meet and greet on Saturday.  Catch ya later,          

Bill

Welcome! I'm just a couple of miles off I-29 across the Nebraska border if you ever get over this way!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

donsrods

Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum. With all the projects you outlined, no wonder you won't be posting much...........NO TIME. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Why don't you post some pix of the cars, especially in progress ones. These are fun for everyone, and educational, too.

You know, sometimes I feel guilty about just the opposite problem.......I post TOO MUCH.  Maybe I jump in on a question or post something more times than I should, but some people are just talkers and some people are a little quieter. I like to gab about cars and stuff, so I jump in anytime I think I have something that might help someone.

Also, some people say things in a few words, and I tend to write lengthy essays, but I hate to not give someone a complete, detailed description when they are looking for an answer.

Anyway, welcome, and we'll be looking for some pictures (please)

Don

Crosley.In.AZ

Welcome to the RRT board.

8)

Kool list of cars.

I like a bit of everything car wise.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

jaybee

Welcome, Chris.  I'll second wanting to see your projects, they sound like an excellent group of cars.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dirty31

Welcome aboard from Tejas

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Dirty31"Welcome aboard from Tejas

:arrow:  :arrow:  Ditto from the real Texas Panhandle.  8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

rumrumm

Welcome aboard. A group of us usually get together at the GoodGuys in Des Moines over the 4th of July weekend. Perhaps we can meet up this year.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Roadstar

Welcome Chris. We have fun here And Frank is like our dad :lol:

river1

welcome to the RRT chris!!

Quote from: "Roadstar"Welcome Chris. We have fun here And Frank is like our dad :lol:

if frank is like our dad THANK GOD I"M ADOPTED :shock:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Corn Fed

Quote from: "Roadstar"Welcome Chris. We have fun here And Frank is like our dad :lol:

Hey Rudy, if Frank is like your Dad, he must be pretty old.  That'd make him more like my Grandpa. :lol:

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. Now all of you form a line, no pushing, and you can take turns KMA!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"Now all of you form a line, no pushing, and you can take turns KMA!
Yuk!  Grandpa, now I've got that image stuck in my brain.  :roll:

Oh yeah....good to hear from ya Chris :D
George

SKR8PN

I feel sorry for Frank.......rough crowd tonight :lol:

Welcome Chris!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.