Got my 55

Started by Dirty31, April 24, 2006, 03:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty31

Well it has been about 6 months in the making but yesterday was the day. I found this 55 Chevy body at a local closed down wrecking yard about 10 miles from my house while looking for parts when I was building my Roadster. I did not have a frame and was not wanting the body without a frame. Well about three weeks ago I found a frame on Craiglist for real cheap. My pops went and got it for me that weekend and brought it home. Then I got some fenders and a some doors donated by a Hamber (Scrape). Thanks Troy.

So I pondered the last couple weeks getting it for lack of funds but yesterday was the day. I got some earlier shots from when it was back in the back but the owner had already moved it out to the front for me.

I have always been fond of these cars (55-57 Chevys). From when I was a wee lad my dad always had tr-five cars. With my favorite being a 57 Chevy 2dr hardtop that was a cover car. Never really thought after building these 30's model cars I would have one, but now that I have it and I love it. The best part of all my wife like it too. Know really big plans for it but to swap the running 6 cylinder out of it and drop in the 283 and 4 speed (of course) and do some floord board repair. Gots to have three pedals. Big thanks goes out to My Pops ( DIrty2) and little Sis for keeping my daughter occupied while we got it all landed on the frame.

Dirty31

Safe at home all cleaned up

Roadstar

Thats a great start man, That frame and body were ment to go togeather and save another cool old car.

The body looks pretty good actually.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Roadstar"Thats a great start man, That frame and body were ment to go togeather and save another cool old car.

The body looks pretty good actually.

Nuch better than anything I have seen around here.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

Man, I ENVY YOU . :)  :)  :)

Everybody has a list in their head of cars we want to build some day. A '55 just like on Two Lane Blacktop/ American Graffiti is right at the top of my list.

You scored bigtime Dude. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Crosley.In.AZ

Kool fotos!!!  

the car dont look real bad at all.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

blksheep

YO,.......Falfa,....

Rat motor, 4 speed, semi-gloss black paint and very loud.

The kind of car your Mother would not allow you to ride in.

Thanks for savin another great project.
Good luck with it and keep us posted on your progress.

blksheep....Tri-Five-n...life is good...in Charlotte

donsrods

YO,.......Falfa,....

Rat motor, 4 speed, semi-gloss black paint and very loud.

The kind of car your Mother would not allow you to ride in.

ABSOLUTELY !!!!!!!!!

Flip fiberglass front end, trunk lid. Chevy pickup I beam axle, with parellel springs, cut out rear wheel wells, slicks. Nosebleed stance, and a tranny that whines alot. Gotta have a roll bar and flat paint too.

That is my dream car. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Don

Looks like a fun project! My wife has a nice 55 BelAir Hardtop.....a 2dr sedan is on my "short list" of cars I want to build.Unfortunately,I don't have the courage to take on a project as extensive as yours....I'll probably "wimp out" and start with an old restored driver.Keep us posted on your progress!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

reborn55

Looks like a fun project--keep us posted. :D

Dirty31

Thanks everyone for the compliments